District 9-AAAA

crimsontide43

43 minutes ago, MichaelMyers76 said:

That is who I was referring to. Three technicals when you are ejected after two tells me you have no emotional control. The fact that you lost that game as well as the next one without him confirms what I said. 

Lebanon has the most talent, but that doesn't always get it done.

Yeah he’s got to tune out the noise coming from opposing fans and students. Easier said than done but they’ll be in several more hostile environments as the season goes on. 

In my opinion, the biggest thing in these past couple of games minus Hall is Lebanon hasn’t been able to set the tempo and has been drug into a half court game. During the win streak they were deadly when they would trap in the backcourt with Hall and Alexander, getting several easy buckets off of turnovers. 

Teams with solid ball handlers that can dictate tempo will give Lebanon some trouble. 

On 1/5/2022 at 6:46 PM, 13sports said:

Lebanon

Green Hill

Cookeville

Wilson Central

Mt. Juliet

Cookeville started off the season with some injuries and just played really bad basketball opening the season.  They seemed to have gotten things turned around the last 4 games and have been playing the way we expected at the beginning of the season.   Still missing someone stepping up as key role players (outside of scorers) but they are playing much better right now.   If they stop shooting themselves out of big leads they could be a factor here.  But to be honest at this time I don't know which team will show up on a given night.   Since we play both GH and Lebanon next week I think we will find soon enough.

Cookeville has also played a brutal schedule.    Combine that with injuries and shuffling lineups,  along with being really young ....   Not sure the expectations matched reality.  

Not having Ayers will hurt during district play.   (See the guards that control tempo vs Lebanon traps in this thread).   

One thing I know.... these guys won't be an easy win for anyone.  You can rest assured they will get everyones full attention.  

Green Hill appears to be in the drivers seat with Lebanon next having the best player in the league. 

I do think CHS can knock them off on a given night.  

Wilson Central appears to be scrappy so don't count out a surprise or two from them. 

Mt juliet will have to get a bad shooting night from someone and an incredible hot one from themselves.  

On 1/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, firstandgoal said:

Yeah he’s got to tune out the noise coming from opposing fans and students. Easier said than done but they’ll be in several more hostile environments as the season goes on. 

In my opinion, the biggest thing in these past couple of games minus Hall is Lebanon hasn’t been able to set the tempo and has been drug into a half court game. During the win streak they were deadly when they would trap in the backcourt with Hall and Alexander, getting several easy buckets off of turnovers. 

Teams with solid ball handlers that can dictate tempo will give Lebanon some trouble. 

Guess he can't tune much of anything out. 2nd ejection. He has the eyes and ears of TSSAA now.