Desean Bishop's quest for 3000 yards

eyeinthesky

4 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

What great 3A defenses have you seen besides Alcoa? Don't point out the outliers and make the case that generally the defenses are strong.

Don’t lump all Defenses in 6a as great just because they are 6a like you did in your comment I responded too.  You are the one that lumped it strictly on class. I could name a horrible 6a defense for every good 6a defense you can name.  Like I said it my first response it comes down to coaching and great programs not the size of your school!  

Covington and Dyersburg have pretty good defenses out west in 3a.   Better than 6a schools like West Creek, Morristown East, Williams Blount, Hardin Valley etc

Edited by Swipes

26 minutes ago, Swipes said:

Don’t lump all Defenses in 6a as great just because they are 6a like you did in your comment I responded too.  You are the one that lumped it strictly on class. I could name a horrible 6a defense for every good 6a defense you can name.  Like I said it my first response it comes down to coaching and great programs not the size of your school!  

Covington and Dyersburg have pretty good defenses out west in 3a.   Better than 6a schools like West Creek, Morristown East, Williams Blount, Hardin Valley etc

About 4 to 5 years ago when Elizabethton was 3A, they had a very stout Defense.

2 hours ago, BCsportsfan said:

About 4 to 5 years ago when Elizabethton was 3A, they had a very stout Defense.

That would have been their 2016 team BC.  Gave up only 13 points to CAK and 17 to the Tornadoes in a 17-14 loss.  (Least amount of points you scored that year including Maryville).  They were the 2nd best team in 3a that year behind you guys with Corey Russel playing QB for them.  Rankin said "We had a hard time up front with them on both sides of the ball,” which is saying a lot since Alcoa always has a strong line

3 hours ago, Swipes said:

That would have been their 2016 team BC.  Gave up only 13 points to CAK and 17 to the Tornadoes in a 17-14 loss.  (Least amount of points you scored that year including Maryville).  They were the 2nd best team in 3a that year behind you guys with Corey Russel playing QB for them.  Rankin said "We had a hard time up front with them on both sides of the ball,” which is saying a lot since Alcoa always has a strong line

Yes, fantastic team!

This year Karns has played:

HVA (allowing 38.5 ppg)

William Blount (allowing 34.5 ppg)

Powell (allowing 19.4 ppg)

TN High (allowing 30.3 ppg)

Campbell Co (allowing 18.3 ppg)

Carter (allowing 35 ppg)

Lenoir City (allowing 31 ppg)

Knox Halls (allowing 18.75 ppg)

Oak Ridge (allowing 25 ppg)

So I will say this again. I would like to see what he could do against an actual defense. Most average teams would win 7-8 games with this schedule.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

HVA (allowing 38.5 ppg)

Carter (allowing 35 ppg)

So I will say this again. I would like to see what he could do against an actual defense. Most average teams would win 7-8 games with this schedule.

29 W-40 L for KARNS previous opponents.

7 minutes ago, noonesfool said:

29 W-40 L for KARNS previous opponents.

Yes, they have done a great job of designing one of the weakest schedules in the area. William Blount has done the same thing but have not been able to bear the fruits of their labor in the scheduling department. But please don't get me wrong, I do not want to take anything away from Bishop. He is clearly an FBS talent (and a great young man from watching his interviews) and is the best player on the field every Friday night in his games; however, he is playing an incredibly weak schedule. This supports the fact that there are several RB's in the area that would most likely eclipse at least 2000 yards (crazy!) if they were given this schedule and the number of carries that Coach Taylor is willing to give him.

Additionally, after Week 1 and Week 2, their defense has not held an opponent to less than 21 points with them giving up an average of 33 ppg over their last seven games. This means that Bishop plays until the horn of the 4th quarter, which gives him even more carries and even more yards. He is averaging 37.5 carries per game. Few coaches would be willing to do that! Again, he's a great talent, even a generational or greater talent at Karns but he is also the product of his situation, as well.

54 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

HVA (allowing 38.5 ppg)

Carter (allowing 35 ppg)

Wait are two of the top three teams with the most points being allowed on their schedule 6a schools?  It Can't be since they are 6a :lol:.

All jokes aside Karns doesn't have a strong schedule but other teams know exactly who is getting the ball.  Other RB's in the area would put up great numbers getting the ball as much as he has but doesn't take away what he has done. He would still be a D1 prospect on a better team just not the same gaudy numbers