Huntingdon @ Westview

footballover

39 minutes ago, Croppygenius said:

I guess I'm not very realistic. Most west Tennessee fans and a lot of Huntingdon fans had the Mustangs pegged as a so so squad. Most of our fans with our schedule thought a .500 season would be good. I thought different. Heck we returned almost are everybody and had a very good group of seniors who are very dedicated to their game plus a sophomore and freshman bunch that are special. Our starting QB and safety are both freshmen. This team has improved every game and will light you up. Dont know if we beat the Chargers or not but I feel pretty good about it.

Still say y'all are a year away from making any real noise. Y'all could very well be put out in the 2nd round. That's not trash talk that's just how it is. 

2 hours ago, Tide21 said:

They beat you guys 41-0. I’m sure they weren’t risking anything when they didn’t have to. 

And that game was called right after halftime and Westview had 3 tds called back. Simpson didn't have a good night throwing the ball but it also had come a flood right before the game.

2 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

Still say y'all are a year away from making any real noise. Y'all could very well be put out in the 2nd round. That's not trash talk that's just how it is. 

Realistically every team playing in the second round could be put out. These are 14 to 18 year olds playing unless you’re Martin 14 to 20 year olds. 

Edited by horse
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, horse said:

Realistically every team playing in the second round could be put out. These are 14 to 18 year olds playing unless you’re Martin 14 to 20 year olds. 

Oh no bro we aren’t cheaters like other schools that have had to forfeit games for certain reasons. Ty and graham are the only kids I know of in sports in Martin to be held back. I saw graham in union city Friday night at the game. I feel like he’s gonna be bigger than ty!

5 hours ago, WarEagleCartman said:

We lose a very good core group of seniors. We've got a lot of good players waiting in the wings but not many seniors. We can come close to reloading the talent but the big question is can we replace the leadership!

3 hours ago, Kiddmaximus said:

Oh no bro we aren’t cheaters like other schools that have had to forfeit games for certain reasons. Ty and graham are the only kids I know of in sports in Martin to be held back. I saw graham in union city Friday night at the game. I feel like he’s gonna be bigger than ty!

That you know of. But we both know there are others coming through the ranks. If we are being honest with ourselves. I have heard it directly from Martin parents mouths in the youth leagues.

Edited by Waker