Huntingdon @ Westview

footballover

23 minutes ago, TryNotToSuck said:

By beating a team they were projected to beat by 2+ scores?

Sounds like somebody trying desperately to find a positive spin somehow, someway. I saw MANY Stang faithful hyping that they’re going to win in spite of guru’s predictions.. but WV did indeed holler loud & clear.. not tonight, not here, go back to your barn for a bit. 

Hats off to Westview. Heck of a game from you guys. The better team won the game, no doubt.

I think if/when we meet again the defensive plan will be different. I hope so anyways. I understand that Simpsons arm is dangerous and he can burn a DB quick. He did several times tonight. But it became apparent early that we could not get any pressure on him rushing 4. The one series where we called 2 blitzes, got 2 sacks then the low snap resulted in a safety was vintage Mustang defense. That's what we had been used to seeing most of the year. I know you leave yourself exposed deep doing that, but his arm is almost as accurate as it is strong so he was picking us apart anyways. They killed us with the slants while our DB's played 8-10 yards off the receivers.

We did a pretty good job of having the MLB spy on the QB and contained his legs for the most part. But they should have had him more active in that zone and stepping in the passing lanes for those slants.

A lot of adjustments that Huntingdon could have made on defense to help themselves and not give up 49 points.

On the offensive side, we definitely showed that we can score at will as long as we don't get behind the sticks with penalties or mistakes. Our QB tonight missed a few throws that were there and also threw 3 up for grabs while being pressured. And to Westview's credit, they made us pay for each one.

Just my 2¢ 

Still proud of the Mustangs. They showed some heart staying in the game when there several instances where it looked like the Chargers had stolen all of the momentum.

I feel like these two teams have not seen the last of each other this year.

27 minutes ago, Mustang1969 said:

Tip of my hat to Westview. I figured Simpson to get his yards passing but I didn’t figure they could beat us passing only. It was a good game and we know we can play with them now. You can’t make mistakes, you can’t get behind the chains with penalty’s. And you can’t have turnovers. Well it’s harder to pass in November so hoping for another matchup then.

Yeah I agree. What I told a fan leaving the game. November cold and wind Huntingdon will be tough. Westview radio was talking about a team in Memphis nobody wants to see. Who is it ?? Is it Faitley?? 

2 minutes ago, pioneer42 said:

Yeah I agree. What I told a fan leaving the game. November cold and wind Huntingdon will be tough. Westview radio was talking about a team in Memphis nobody wants to see. Who is it ?? Is it Faitley?? 

yes huntingdon does not give up a scrappy team always has been..MAHS was who they were talking about