Gordonsville @ Trousdale

croz6110

5 hours ago, DealLawyer said:

Whoa. That’s projecting way out in the future. You’re confident about how some current elementary school kids will play in high school?  Hope you’re right though. 

and satterfield needs to hit the “transfer” portal hard the next few years! 

I have coached and seen a lot of these kids play football they have that IT factor as a group. I know a lot of things have to go right and maybe I’m being very optimistic with kids not moving and kids actually physically developing. But I can see that these kids have it they won’t be a team of 1-2 great players but like 5-8 great athletes with size. We always have kids that move into TC between 7-12 grade that become good players lol. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Enthusiast said:

@Grunt I don’t get the problem people are having with how the rules are set up. I don’t know of a time that TC has weaseled out of a game.

I’m not sure how many kids TC had out, but one thing is for certain they have no depth.

The Harpeth game was a perfect example of  the said lack of depth. I believe they were up  30 something points and the game ended 54-34 ( they had to reinsert the starters)

It’s obvious to everyone that TC knew they were going to get their brakes beat off due to having some key players out.

Now did TC break any rules… no, but it was obvious that they used the the Covid rules to get out of getting beat bad at home!

Pre - Covid era if those same kids were out due to injury they would’ve had to play, so yes they’ve never weaseled out of a game because they couldn’t, but again IMO TC used the Covid bailout for just that… a bailout from a more than likely beat down.

28 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

I’m not sure how many kids TC had out, but one thing is for certain they have no depth.

The Harpeth game was a perfect example of  the said lack of depth. I believe they were up  30 something points and the game ended 54-34 ( they had to reinsert the starters)

It’s obvious to everyone that TC knew they were going to get their brakes beat off due to having some key players out.

Now did TC break any rules… no, but it was obvious that they used the the Covid rules to get out of getting beat bad at home!

Pre - Covid era if those same kids were out due to injury they would’ve had to play, so yes they’ve never weaseled out of a game because they couldn’t, but again IMO TC used the Covid bailout for just that… a bailout from a more than likely beat down.

If that’s the case we need to cancel this game too since we are without 2 SR starting lineman that play both ways 

Edited by TCRadio
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, TCRadio said:

If that’s the case we need to cancel this game too since we are without 2 SR starting lineman that play both ways 

Gordonsville is not Baxter and there is to much history between the two teams for this one to be canceled!

Hey look… you guys aren’t the only team doing it. It’s happening all over the state, but let’s at least call a spade a spade and admit that there is some truth into what I’m saying!

IMO… if you’ve got enough to play then you play! 

You, and a few others for some reason are obsessed with this one game. You assume ( and we all know about assuming  ), that HHS would beat TC like a toy drum. Usually, the game has to be played to determine a winner. Like you said, it's your opinion, you're entitled to it. Time to get a fresh dead horse to beat. This one  has seen better days.

Perhaps we should cancel the rest of our season,  the you might get past the qtrs for a change.

Edited by Grunt
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1