Week 8- Oak Ridge @ Greenville

CardinalGrey

3 hours ago, SweetScience said:

For you Seattle, I’ll put a 5th of Jack and a nickel bag on it saying yes, there will be a running clock. At what point, I’m not sure. I’d guess the 3rd.

This is one time Coach Gaddis and Coach Gillum can share notes. Greeneville beat us last year near the end of game by 3 points. I am sure they can both learn sharing notes. Probably not enough for a win but maybe keep it respectable.

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

This is one time Coach Gaddis and Coach Gillum can share notes. Greeneville beat us last year near the end of game by 3 points. I am sure they can both learn sharing notes. Probably not enough for a win but maybe keep it respectable.

Mav, we were very young and I even heard the words Mercy rule from your side of the aisle. We were not suppose to be on the field with your veteran team. I’m not sure the Ridge Runners want your notes.

FLASH SPORTS UPDATE: Mav, you lost by 4. 28-24.

Edited by noonesfool

1 hour ago, Mavericksinflight said:

Maybe Gaddis can borrow the letterman jacket?

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, osunut2 said:

Scapegoat indeed.

Jeeeezzzzz.

This is not an attack at osunut2. I like the guy.

This is also not an attack at anybody but an observation. A lot of people have ragged on the OR Offense, the OR Linemen, the OC and just about everything that has something to do with the Offense. 

I have agreed with some of it and been upset by some of it. Now, it appears Coaches changes are being made on the Offense and other positions. Yet people still find fault. Isn't this what you wanted? 

I like Coach Rodney. I tweeted with him when his daughter played for Oak Ridge and he was at Powell. I have no idea if he deserves to be let go but people pitched such a fit about the OR Offense he was bound to be fired.

Those of you who moaned about the offense you now have to live with the changes. Who knows with a different OC we could turn the season around. Please don't get mad at me for saying this.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, noonesfool said:

Mav, we were very young and I even heard the words Mercy rule from your side of the aisle. We were not suppose to be on the field with your veteran team. I’m not sure the Ridge Runners want your notes.

FLASH SPORTS UPDATE: Mav, you lost by 4. 28-24.

Well my math was off but that one short pass made the difference near endszone. Still two heads are better than one. You know just keeping it respectable. Go Wildcats! 

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

This is not an attack at osunut2. I like the guy.

This is also not an attack at anybody but an observation. A lot of people have ragged on the OR Offense, the OR Linemen, the OC and just about everything that has something to do with the Offense. 

I have agreed with some of it and been upset by some of it. Now, it appears Coaches changes are being made on the Offense and other positions. Yet people still find fault. Isn't this what you wanted? 

I like Coach Rodney. I tweeted with him when his daughter played for Oak Ridge and he was at Powell. I have no idea if he deserves to be let go but people pitched such a fit about the OR Offense he was bound to be fired.

Those of you who moaned about the offense you now have to live with the changes. Who knows with a different OC we could turn the season around. Please don't get mad at me for saying this.

I have to agree with you Wille.I think something had to change and I was one of those who said it.Odd thing was I didnt know for sure who to blame.The line has been bad long before Rodney got to Oak Ridge.I know he is a good guy and I never really blamed him because he has proven he is not this bad at being an OC.At the same time its the worst offense in history of Oak Ridge and something had to change.I dont know how it went down but maybe Rodney was good with stepping down.With what we have on Oline he really didnt have a shot but at same time you cant be worst offense in Oak Ridge history and things stay the same.My guess is Gaddis didnt want to step down so Rodney had to take the fall.I wish him nothing but best and hate it didnt work out.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, STILLNUM1 said:

I have to agree with you Wille.I think something had to change and I was one of those who said it.Odd thing was I didnt know for sure who to blame.The line has been bad long before Rodney got to Oak Ridge.I know he is a good guy and I never really blamed him because he has proven he is not this bad at being an OC.At the same time its the worst offense in history of Oak Ridge and something had to change.I dont know how it went down but maybe Rodney was good with stepping down.With what we have on Oline he really didnt have a shot but at same time you cant be worst offense in Oak Ridge history and things stay the same.My guess is Gaddis didnt want to step down so Rodney had to take the fall.I wish him nothing but best and hate it didnt work out.

It’s unfortunate, but like any job, if you aren’t producing the results your employer wants, the hammer is eventually coming down on you. Not even saying it’s Rodney’s fault, if at all, but that’s just the way the world works. And usually the ones lowest(er) on the totem pole (in this case, Rodney) are the first to suffer the consequences. Like you, I wish him nothing but the best in his future endeavors. 

• Like 1