Week 8- Oak Ridge @ Greenville

CardinalGrey

OKAY! I am now officially MAD at the Wildcats. This garbage has to stop because we are Oak Ridge. We are a prideful bunch. We don't want people to "like" us but by goodness they better "respect" us.

When I get mad, I double down on the Wildcats. Not only do I THINK Oak Ridge upsets Greeneville but I KNOW it.

Strap it on tight VictORy City and paint GREENEville CARDINAL and GRAY.

If you pick against OR this week then expect to eat crow with a side of I Told You So for Saturday's breakfast. Ha.

Oh, Sweet, I will stop using your " ha. " It just is too cool not to copy a few times. Ha. See?

1 hour ago, WilleTheWildcat said:

OKAY! I am now officially MAD at the Wildcats. This garbage has to stop because we are Oak Ridge. We are a prideful bunch. We don't want people to "like" us but by goodness they better "respect" us.

When I get mad, I double down on the Wildcats. Not only do I THINK Oak Ridge upsets Greeneville but I KNOW it.

Strap it on tight VictORy City and paint GREENEville CARDINAL and GRAY.

If you pick against OR this week then expect to eat crow with a side of I Told You So for Saturday's breakfast. Ha.

Oh, Sweet, I will stop using your " ha. " It just is too cool not to copy a few times. Ha. See?

Not sure about the “ha’s”, but I most assuredly want what you’re smoking, cause it seems to be some da$! good S&@$!! Who or where do you get it from, or do you grow your own?? Hook a brotha up!!

Edited by SweetScience

12 hours ago, SweetScience said:

Not sure about the “ha’s”, but I most assuredly want what you’re smoking, cause it seems to be some da$! good S&@$!! Who or where do you get it from, or do you grow your own?? Hook a brotha up!!

Not sure how to respond to the weed comments. I don't smoke but I do get the munchies :popcorneater::roflol:

Edited by WilleTheWildcat

7 hours ago, SweetScience said:

I sent him a care package from Seattle. I thought it might help after the games past and future. HA

The big question is does Oak Ridge have a good O and D line?  Not only does Greeneville have Speed they have a Physical, Big, and Athletic Line on both sides of the ball and were they have dominated every team they have played so far.  Oak Ridge has athletes in the skilled position but do they have enough time to get them the ball before the Greene Devil's are in the back field?  I know Powell dominated the line and Greeneville doesn't have a Walter Nolen but they do have Two Big DT in Clarity (6'1 300lb) and Lester (6'2 265lb ) and DE's in Grove (6'5 215lb), Myers (6' 205) and Chrisman (6'1 235).  They all swarm so not a lot of broken plays with the amount a Greene Devil's around the ball

Edited by Swipes

5 minutes ago, Swipes said:

The big question is does Oak Ridge have a good O and D line?  Not only does Greeneville have Speed they have a Physical, Big, and Athletic Line on both sides of the ball and were they have dominated every team they have played so far.  Oak Ridge has athletes in the skilled position but do they have enough time to get them the ball before the Greene Devil's are in the back field?  I know Powell dominated the line and Greeneville doesn't have a Walter Nolen but they do have Two Big DT in Clarity (6'1 300lb) and Lester (6'2 265lb ) and DE's in Grove (6'5 215lb), Myers (6' 205) and Chrisman (6'1 235).  They all swarm so not a lot of broken plays with the amount a Greene Devil's around the ball

I'm going to echo what SS has said. OR's offensive line has been dominated this season, which is why their skill guys have had zero impact this season. There's just no way to sugar coat how bad the OL play has been. They've got three quality running backs, but they've had nowhere to run. Anything they've gotten they've had to earn on their own. They even struggled at times against Lenoir City, who is tremendously undersized up front.

OR's defense might be able to keep them in it for a quarter or two, but this thing will be out of hand by the 3rd quarter.

Without a doubt, this is Oak Ridge's toughest game on the schedule,  I think they are better than Powell. I hope the Wildcats can regroup from the loss against Powell.  Greeneville has to be a pretty solid favorite going in, the closest comparision is they handled DB pretty easy, 35-7. Oak Ridge has a pretty good defense, they need help from the offense, the defense stayed on the field most of the game against Powell and finally just ran out of gas. The Powell game was only 14-7 with 2 minutes left in the first half, when an interception gave Powell a short field and they scored with seconds left in the half and that was the game right there. 

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

Without a doubt, this is Oak Ridge's toughest game on the schedule,  I think they are better than Powell. I hope the Wildcats can regroup from the loss against Powell.  Greeneville has to be a pretty solid favorite going in, the closest comparision is they handled DB pretty easy, 35-7. Oak Ridge has a pretty good defense, they need help from the offense, the defense stayed on the field most of the game against Powell and finally just ran out of gas. The Powell game was only 14-7 with 2 minutes left in the first half, when an interception gave Powell a short field and they scored with seconds left in the half and that was the game right there. 

That out pass right before half that was intercepted had to be one of if not the biggest boneheaded plays I’ve ever seen called. Your offense has had absolutely ZERO success before that time, yet our OC coordinator comes up with the genius idea that we’re gonna move the ball down the field (from our own 20) and go down and score before the half. Beyond boneheaded. Sometimes you just swallow your pride, and go in to the locker room only down by 7 (even though your offense hasn’t done jack the whole half), but instead we throw an interception and basically give Powell another score right before halftime. Ridiculous.

Edited by SweetScience

2 hours ago, Swipes said:

Obviously you haven’t watched OR play a single snap this year, and if you have you didn’t pay much attention. Not being a smartA, but anybody that has watched us should automatically know the answers to your questions without even asking them. I’ll just put it this way - the game will be over by the 3rd quarter, if not earlier. That’s unless the majority of Greeneville’s team fails to show up by some act of God. (Literally speaking ) I hate to be so blunt, but it’s just the hard reality of the state of our football program right now when we play stellar competition.

Edited by SweetScience