Haywood travels to lake county for a Thursday night show down!

Kruger77

22 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

22 hours ago, PeabodyPride said:

A lot of quality players, at least 3 D1 guys as in recievers and a stud running back, the line is very good for a 1 A school”depth is a huge issue” Lake has 3 or 4 legit 4.5 speed skill guys and will play you hard at first, but, depth will become a issue quick for them ! They swarm to the ball as good as anyone I have seen! They are a VERY up and down squad, I give you a example of last year , West Carrol played them dead even in regular season and then the exact same LC team mercy ruled them come playoff time ! I don’t know which LC team shows up but they won’t quit ! I worry they won’t be up for this game because they like everyone know what the end result will be ! Coach Quinn is a great coach, however, he has 0 help at the moment, I actually see this as a possibly good game for a Quarter to a Quarter and a half ! Lake actually has a very well maintained playing surface, grass is cut extremely tall though, food  is good and the people love their Green Falcons ! GL and safe travels to y’all TomCat folks !

how about y’all bring 4A gold West this year !

Y’all can do it 

Thanks!  I think that was a great synopsis of what we can expect.  

Haywood can look intimidating (in numbers and physical size) just getting off the buses.  We do have the depth to wear a team with a small roster down. But I'm sure Lake Co. will be in top condition, and the Falcons will give us 48 minutes of all they've got.  If the Cats don't come into this game in the right frame of mind, it could be a long night.  They can't let Lake Co. gain control or hang around.

Haywood can be a penalty plagued team at times.  I'm not going to say we won't be guilty of any infractions that might be called, but I have a feeling this will be one of those nights when we might be scrutinized and penalized quite a bit.  If that happens, Haywood has to keep their composure and not start committing personal fouls.

Here's hoping Haywood will take control, achieve their mission, and we won't hear news of "seismic proportions" coming out of Tiptonville Thursday night.

Thanks for the good luck and safe travel wishes. I would love nothing more than for Haywood to win the gold in Chattanooga, but the road ahead won't be easy.  

Y'all enjoy your open date.  Stay focused and get ready for Teddy Pettigrew and his Humboldt Vikings.  Good luck the rest of the way and y'all bring home the gold once again.

Edited by stacmot

Most of y'all seem to have access to video footage that I don't have access to.  I did come across this video stream of the Peabody - Lake Co. game.  It at least gives me some idea of what to expect from the Falcons.  The game actually starts around the 1:01:16 mark.

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1

On 10/2/2021 at 6:45 PM, truefalconfan said:

Welcome to lake county! I implore tomcat faithful to come and spend some time in our neck of the woods. We're nestled directly between reelfoot lake and the Mississippi river, spend some time seeing both and enjoy some great food while you're here. There was talk of potentially "buying out" our game with yall and playing obion county central instead. However, lake county has always stood ready for a challenge. We know it's a tall task but games against superior opponents will only help us in the long run. Again, welcome to lake county we look forward to meeting yall!

GREAT POST! GREAT POST! GREAT POST!

This is what high school football is all about right here. Haywood fans, y'all really should go check out Lake county. It is a beautiful place. They have a great football team, some really good restaurants, and by looks of this post some really good people. The lake absolutely stunning! It is as good as it gets. If you have never seen the lake before you are missing out. 

As far as the game goes, Haywood will pick the score. They are loaded to the gills with talent and will win by as many points as they want to. That is NO disrespect to LC! LC is just playing with a MUCH smaller hand than Haywood. LC has about 200 kids in the high school and Haywood has about 800. 

Proud to see LC step up and play a team like Haywood. Most teams this size will not do it. I tip my hat the Falcons! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, stacmot said:

I didn't realize that there was both a Jamarius williams and a jeremiah williams.  Are they brothers?   

That idk but wouldn't surprise me. Their 2 best players i believe. 24 and 12 are good too and they have a good line. But I'm not expecting Haywood to have much of a problem. 

• Thanks 1