5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

1 minute ago, RollRed said:

Ok

The reason that  I but “ok” is because I have never seen these two players play and I take your word that they would have change the game. I can't and won't argue the point.  You win this point.  We keep going around and around about these two players.  I take your word for it that they would have been a game-changer. We can't go back in time and insert them in the equalization though. 

4 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

I of course do not believe that either, but IF yall had won I would have just congradulated you and moved on, I keep hearing the same things over and over again...

You guys have changed your tone also. Yal we’re nice and humble before Friday and y’all barely beat the worst team HC has had in years. And the other guy on here keeps going on about paid home cooked refs. And our 2 top guys were out. HC would have won that game easily otherwise. People know that that’s why they are saying HC could make a good playoff run. We are just waiting on some guys to get healthy. It’s just facts. Enjoy the 1 win. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, RollRed said:

You guys have changed your tone also. Yal we’re nice and humble before Friday and y’all barely beat the worst team HC has had in years. And the other guy on here keeps going on about paid home cooked refs. And our 2 top guys were out. HC would have won that game easily otherwise. People know that that’s why they are saying HC could make a good playoff run. We are just waiting on some guys to get healthy. It’s just facts. Enjoy the 1 win. 

1st of all, I cannot control what other fans say, I know I remain respectable, 2nd that is straight bullcrap, but you keep telling yourself that if it makes you feel better...

Edited by Kevin38
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

I apologize if I have said something offensive. I wasn't at the game.  I take your word that your two players could have changed the game.  Up next for us is Beech and Paducah for you.  We will both have our hands full on Friday night. Time for the Jackets to concentrate on Beech and Portland 

1 hour ago, RollRed said:

I’m the “other guy”, let me break it down for you.

1st: I never said the refs where paid anywhere at all. I said Henry county got all the favorables from the refs, which is visible on film. Anyone can go watch it on YouTube and see for themselves that everything I pointed out about the refs is true. The Home Cooking part comes in not from payment but from the crew being a west TN crew and them seeing Henry County in multiple games and only seeing Springfield for the that one particular game, therefore them seeing Henry county in a more favorable light.

2nd: I’ve never been anything but complementary of Henry County’s football team and overall program until provoked from a Henry county poster saying “if this would’ve happened or this guy would’ve played it would’ve been different” maybe so, maybe not. 

The facts are: Springfield won and Henry county lost and we both hope to meet again this season at 100% strength.

Sorry for the long post and I won’t be commenting anymore on this game In this thread. 

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Poundtherock23 said:

I’m the “other guy”, let me break it down for you.

1st: I never said the refs where paid anywhere at all. I said Henry county got all the favorables from the refs, which is visible on film. Anyone can go watch it on YouTube and see for themselves that everything I pointed out about the refs is true. The Home Cooking part comes in not from payment but from the crew being a west TN crew and them seeing Henry County in multiple games and only seeing Springfield for the that one particular game, therefore them seeing Henry county in a more favorable light.

2nd: I’ve never been anything but complementary of Henry County’s football team and overall program until provoked from a Henry county poster saying “if this would’ve happened or this guy would’ve played it would’ve been different” maybe so, maybe not. 

The facts are: Springfield won and Henry county lost and we both hope to meet again this season at 100% strength.

Sorry for the long post and I won’t be commenting anymore on this game In this thread. 

Wrong. It was the commissioner. On the week 8 region7 5A thread. He said HC Would lose to Paducah because we won’t have our home cooked refs. Then in another post he told someone he wasn’t even at that game. The refs blew plenty of calls for both sides I’ll agree with that. 

4 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Wrong. It was the commissioner. On the week 8 region7 5A thread. He said HC Would lose to Paducah because we won’t have our home cooked refs. Then in another post he told someone he wasn’t even at that game. The refs blew plenty of calls for both sides I’ll agree with that. 

Your right I wasn't at the game I watched it on YouTube.  Henry County has some of the most hospitable fans I have ever meet.  Last post for this thread for me 2 hope we both make it to the third round 

4 hours ago, TheCommissioner said:

Thanks 

It is an interesting premise if a school gets on a roll for them to make a deep run.  I think Strafford made a deep run a few years back with 7 to 8 losses

One other team that comes to mind is the 1998 Whites Creek team. Beat Springfield in a winner gets in last regular season game at Boyce Smith. They limped into the playoffs at 5-4, oddly enough they only played nine games that year, and made a run to the finals. Along the way they upset several good teams including two time defending state champs Pearl Cohn, to eventually get thrashed by Maryville in the state finals to finish at 9-5.

Edited by Poundtherock23