5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

15 hours ago, RollRed said:

2 even teams. And that’s without Cole Townsend and Jayce Kendal in that game.  Imagine a healthy #17 and #7 playing. #1 running back and our #1 receiver/safety. 

you do realize we where without 24...he was making as many or more plays than anyone at wr. Kid is special and he is a starting db...so yea we had a big piece missing as well

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Not trying to change the ongoing conversation or anything but would anyone want to predict the 4 (quarter-final) teams in the East and West and the (semi-final) teams in each? I don't know enough about the West at this point, here's my East take,

West 2-5A @ Central 2-5A

Powell 3-5A @ Rhea Co. 4-5A

and

Powell @ Central

I think I have the region (host teams) right. 

No haters, just my honest opinion, and I know, opinions are like bu.. holes, everybody has one.

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Not trying to change the ongoing conversation or anything but would anyone want to predict the 4 (quarter-final) teams in the East and West and the (semi-final) teams in each? I don't know enough about the West at this point, here's my East take,

West 2-5A @ Central 2-5A

Powell 3-5A @ Rhea Co. 4-5A

and

Powell @ Central

I think I have the region (host teams) right. 

No haters, just my honest opinion, and I know, opinions are like bu.. holes, everybody has one.

I think that is pretty accurate. I just don’t see any team from Region 1 making it past round 2 and the only one making it out of round 1 is David Crockett and that is not given. At this point I can see a split in region 3 & 4. Particularly is Walker Valley can get healthy by the playoffs. I see Rhea and Powell meeting in the quarterfinals and West and Central in the other. Out west that is whole other story. It’s going to be a shootout every round in the west half of the bracket. 

4 minutes ago, Rhea Co. said:

I think that is pretty accurate. I just don’t see any team from Region 1 making it past round 2 and the only one making it out of round 1 is David Crockett and that is not given. At this point I can see a split in region 3 & 4. Particularly is Walker Valley can get healthy by the playoffs. I see Rhea and Powell meeting in the quarterfinals and West and Central in the other. Out west that is whole other story. It’s going to be a shootout every round in the west half of the bracket. 

Crockett is good this year but I'm not sure they will make it past round 1.   The other 3 teams in R1 will get blown out in the first round, at least Crockett with keep it close.

7 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Mcminn central in   went 6-4 and then lost the state Championship 

1st round mcminn central  vs York 30-20

2nd round mcminn central vs Seymour 6-3

3rd round mcminn central  vs  grundy County 17-7

4th round mcminn central vs Kingston  10-6

State championship  mcminn central vs Springfield  7-28

They actually upset an undefeated Marion Co team in semis on a muddy field...

18 minutes ago, Haydiboy said:

Well it wasn't in 93 even though  they went far enough to reach state;during the regular season  they got shut our by Marion county 0-28

Actually it was 1993 when Springfield beat McMinn Central in the state finals. Springfield beat White House in the pouring down rain 12-6 while McMinn beat Marion County on a sloppy field as well. That saved Springfield from having to face Marion on turf which may not have turned out in our favor.  

The above statement is wrong. Kingston beat Marion County 7-6 in round 2 that year and then lost to McMinn in the semis. I always thought Marion made the semis that year. At least this is what’s on the website I go to for historical data. 

Edited by JacketLover

Just now, Haydiboy said:

That's  what I said bud   I posted   all the games they  had in the 93 playoffs  and they beat Kingston by 4 to represent the east that year and Springfield had their way with them.

1st round mcminn central  vs York 30-20

2nd round mcminn central vs Seymour 6-3

3rd round mcminn central  vs  grundy County 17-7

4th round mcminn central vs Kingston  10-6

State championship  mcminn central vs Springfield  7-28

Yeah, I read it wrong and corrected it. My bad. I always thought Marion made the semis that year. 

1 minute ago, Haydiboy said:

They did in 95! And that's fine man.  I didnt know McMinn central had some good years in the mid 90s the way they did. The guy  who got them to the championship in 93 only coached there for 1 year  which I find odd

Nice to take a trip down memory lane. I do remember that day at Vandy in 93 was freezing cold. 

2 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

What year was that kevin38?  I'm gonna be honest  with ya I wasn't  in existence in 93.

I played for Springfield in 93, we were expecting to play Marion Co with Eric Westmoreland, but McMinn Central upset them in the semis, I remember it like yesterday...

Edited by Kevin38
  • Upvote 1