Jump to content

5A Playoff 2021


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, thefox said:

5A standings entering Week 10 according to the Tennessean:

1. Knox West

2. Page

3. Powell

4. Memphis Central

5. Knox Central

6. Green Hill

7. Station Camp

8. Mount Juliet

9. Springfield

10. Munford

West, Powell, Station Camp, and Green Hill have all beaten three teams with a winning record.

Page, Memphis Central, Knoxville Central, Springfield, and Munford have beaten two teams with a winning record.

And my Mount Juliet Golden Bears have only beaten one team with a winning record. 

I'm curious what you all think about this.

 

That’s about right for  Springfield 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

Not gonna complain simply bc im only about 40/45 mins from chatt.  I think it'll be great in Chattanooga  just would rather see a smaller town with a university get it I wonder if they ever  thought about tsu, Austin Peay, UT Martin, or  Etsu just feel like all of the colleges I listed their towns would benefit  much more from the business and revenue  it brings each year I know Cookeville made some good money that way  but I feel like Tennessee tech was getting stale as a venue 

TSU is in Nashville, Peay is in Clarksville, not exactly small towns

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, dawgs82 said:

Can't help the scheduling sometimes! Not meaning to be disrespectful but you have the "Haves" and the "Have Nots". Demographics mean a lot when it comes to the number of athletes teams have or don't have.

In MJ's case, they chose to play a weak schedule. If they want to challenge themselves, they know which programs to call

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

For most places that would be ideally suited to host the BCB, it just doesn't generate a profit worth the hassle of pulling an event like this off. There's a reason why MTSU chose not to throw their hat back into the ring after their contract was up

Exactly! The story that I heard, after Murfreesboro’s contract expired after 2008, they made a token presentation at the meeting to select the next host. Cookeville and Chattanooga made elaborate presentations. When it was the ‘Boro’s turn, their rep basically said “Look, you’ve been there 9 years, you either want to stay or you don’t. Thank you” and sat down. Needless to say they were scratched off of every voter’s list. I think Chattanooga will be fine. Remember, they pulled off hosting the FCS Championship for many years. They are accessible by both I-75 and I-24. I agree though, that parking will present a problem.

Edited by chs1984
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/5/2021 at 7:55 PM, Haydiboy said:

Well it wasn't in 93 even though  they went far enough to reach state;during the regular season  they got shut our by Marion county 0-28

Yes, Marion scored on a kickoff return and 2 punts. They scored one TD from scrimmage. My brother played on that 93 team of McMinn Central. He remembered Marion players saying, we’ll see you in the playoffs. Kingston beating them was a huge upset. Springfield was a brand new school playing in 3-A and had not been reclassified with new numbers yet. Coldest day of football I ever sat through. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It looks like Springfield will host Brighton in the first round in a couple of weeks. Why didn’t Brighton and Memphis Overton reschedule their region game that was covid cancelled on September 3? Both just had a bye week the same Friday. Overton may have had a chance instead of Brighton.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, brian2000 said:

It looks like Springfield will host Brighton in the first round in a couple of weeks. Why didn’t Brighton and Memphis Overton reschedule their region game that was covid cancelled on September 3? Both just had a bye week the same Friday. Overton may have had a chance instead of Brighton.

Who do you guys expect to see in the Semi’s on the West side of the state? Early on I thought the State Champion might come from the West but now it is hard to gauge. How good is Region 8?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 minutes ago, KnoxVil said:

Who do you guys expect to see in the Semi’s on the West side of the state? Early on I thought the State Champion might come from the West but now it is hard to gauge. How good is Region 8?

It looks like Page vs Green Hill in one quarterfinal on the west side, but I’m like you and have no clue about region 8. I’d like to say Springfield would host the other quarterfinal against most likely the winner of region 8, provided the Jackets can beat the runner up from region 8 in round 2. 

Edited by JacketLover
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 10/19/2021 at 5:58 PM, chs1984 said:

Exactly! The story that I heard, after Murfreesboro’s contract expired after 2008, they made a token presentation at the meeting to select the next host. Cookeville and Chattanooga made elaborate presentations. When it was the ‘Boro’s turn, their rep basically said “Look, you’ve been there 9 years, you either want to stay or you don’t. Thank you” and sat down. Needless to say they were scratched off of every voter’s list. I think Chattanooga will be fine. Remember, they pulled off hosting the FCS Championship for many years. They are accessible by both I-75 and I-24. I agree though, that parking will present a problem.

My kids went to UTC.  Parking was a HUGE opportunity for UTC home games 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, JacketLover said:

It looks like Page vs Green Hill in one quarterfinal on the west side, but I’m like you and have no clue about region 8. I’d like to say Springfield would host the other quarterfinal against most likely the winner of region 8, provided the Jackets can beat the runner up from region 8 in round 2. 

Green Hill looks like a sleeping giant 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements




×
  • Create New...