5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, TrickyD said:

I see another trend increasing of parents holding kids back so they are 19 when graduating. 1 or 2 years difference is huge maybe east is doing better than west at this 

From a social development and academic standpoint, waiting to start a child in kindergarten isn't a terrible idea. Especially now that the public schools have rubrics and lesson plan requirements for kindergarten teachers, which seems insane to me. 

I think every good parent just wants their kids to have more success than they did, and one way to do that is to try and give their children as many advantages as they reasonably can. 

I'm sure Roll loves the concept of private schools...

48 minutes ago, osunut2 said:

From a social development and academic standpoint, waiting to start a child in kindergarten isn't a terrible idea. Especially now that the public schools have rubrics and lesson plan requirements for kindergarten teachers, which seems insane to me. 

I think every good parent just wants their kids to have more success than they did, and one way to do that is to try and give their children as many advantages as they reasonably can. 

I'm sure Roll loves the concept of private schools...

I totally agree with you. We send our grandson to Briarcrest Christian and he repeated kindergarten. He is smart, athletic and severely dyslexic with divorced parents states apart. Rather than graduate at 17, he will be 18 turning 19 in the summer. He is in choir, a reader and an athlete. He is in the 4th grade. We drive 20 miles 1 way to get him there. Our other option is Fayetteville County Schools, who are ranked 134 out of 138 school districts in Tenn. He plays Football and both wrestling and basketball in the winter with baseball in the spring. It’s a quarter of million dollar investment till he graduates not including rising tuition and inflation. He will probably never play a day in college but every penny has been worth it. If we move back to East TN. He would play for Greeneville. It’s never ever that simple.

Edited by noonesfool

4 hours ago, RollRed said:

They think in the east you need a ring. So these towns sell their soul to the devil and go watch kids that didn’t grow up there play ball so they can brag on there all star team and act like due to geographic location east over middle and west Tennessee they are somehow more gifted. Then occasionally one will tell the truth and say things like we can help we attract the talent. Or we have a lawyer on hand that gets kids eligible to play. We’ve seen it all. The ones who know say we are just whining baby’s. And the others just keep their heads in the sand. 

… as if HC has never had a kid transfer in for a better situation before.

Edited by RedSwarm
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, RollRed said:

They think in the east you need a ring. So these towns sell their soul to the devil and go watch kids that didn’t grow up there play ball so they can brag on there all star team and act like due to geographic location east over middle and west Tennessee they are somehow more gifted. Then occasionally one will tell the truth and say things like we can help we attract the talent. Or we have a lawyer on hand that gets kids eligible to play. We’ve seen it all. The ones who know say we are just whining baby’s. And the others just keep their heads in the sand. 

You really have no clue what you are talking about.  

None what so ever.  

4 hours ago, osunut2 said:

And that basically sums up all the points I tried to make earlier- but gave up on.

20 hours ago, RollRed said:

That’s just the worst kind of parenting motivated by empty promises and hopes and dreams that little Timmy will make it big if he can grow to be bigger faster and stronger than all the other kids. 

You aren't wrong about this.  This is generally a terrible practice except for kids with serious emotional or learning dissabilities.

22 hours ago, RollRed said:

You are wrong about this.  You think there are five schools that recruit consistently?  Is that what I'm understanding?  

So many arguments and examples against this.  There's no point in going into it with you. But, if it makes you feel better to cast stones, then I'll be praying for you man.