5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

1 hour ago, MrFootball71 said:

Kind of like choking away a 14 point lead in the 4th quarter to a team you beat 53-16 last year. 

Thank you sir. Hows he gonna ask me about our loss, when his team lost as well. We’re 3-4 we’re use to it by now. Just can’t get all the guys healthy. Teams without guys with covid and the injury bug need to count their blessings. 

6 minutes ago, RollRed said:

You tell me troll. We’re good over here. Lost out running back play1. And our best receiver was out and still had a good game. Just gotta get healthy and fix a few things. 

Yeah but we were slow and most of our players played both ways, and yeah let's not forget our immobile QB gassed, just joking but you know I had to...lol

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

Thank you sir. Hows he gonna ask me about our loss, when his team lost as well. We’re 3-4 we’re use to it by now. Just can’t get all the guys healthy. Teams without guys with covid and the injury bug need to count their blessings. 

Come November I’m still not betting against HC. 

12 minutes ago, Kevin38 said:

We Springfield folk fully expect you and everyone else to still pick HC if we meet again, we're used to it...lol

I didn’t say I want them to. I really like Dustin and staff, I have just seen the improvements HC seems to make toward the end of the year. Springfield makes their own way as well… if these two meet again I will make a prediction at that time. I just think there are some writing them off because of the 3-4 record and in my best Corso voice… “not so fast my friend.”

14 minutes ago, eers said:

I didn’t say I want them to. I really like Dustin and staff, I have just seen the improvements HC seems to make toward the end of the year. Springfield makes their own way as well… if these two meet again I will make a prediction at that time. I just think there are some writing them off because of the 3-4 record and in my best Corso voice… “not so fast my friend.”

Fair enough, believe me, we Springfield fans are definitely not writing them off, HC makes 2nd round minimum, Memphis Central will be a tough out, but I can see them winning, all speculation of course...

12 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Yeah but we were slow and most of our players played both ways, and yeah let's not forget our immobile QB gassed, just joking but you know I had to...lol

You’re right he didn’t get gassed because they only made 1 trip down the field. He was kept pretty well in check for the most part. Your guys outsized HCs guys by a pretty good bit. Everyone is beating the team up for losing that game. But Springfield was no slouch. Y’all just seem to do the right things at the right time. And I don’t mind saying #14 is the man. I wonder how they were affected by the 12th man though. They had to call several times out close together early after the half like communication was mixed up. Or something. The sports dweeb guys said they couldn’t hear a thing up there it was so loud. 

2 hours ago, RollRed said:

You’re right he didn’t get gassed because they only made 1 trip down the field. He was kept pretty well in check for the most part. Your guys outsized HCs guys by a pretty good bit. Everyone is beating the team up for losing that game. But Springfield was no slouch. Y’all just seem to do the right things at the right time. And I don’t mind saying #14 is the man. I wonder how they were affected by the 12th man though. They had to call several times out close together early after the half like communication was mixed up. Or something. The sports dweeb guys said they couldn’t hear a thing up there it was so loud. 

The timeouts due to the play clock running down have been somewhat of an issue all year. The play calls are slow getting in or called and the guys sometimes don’t have a sense of urgency breaking the huddle. One of our coaches did say it was the loudest high school environment he had been to. 

Edited by JacketLover
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JacketLover said:

The timeouts due to the play clock running down have been somewhat of an issue all year. The play calls are slow getting in or called and the guys sometimes don’t have a sense of urgency breaking the huddle. One of our coaches did say it was the loudest high school environment he had been to. 

Maybe that gets worked on

5 hours ago, RollRed said:

Hey it was a great defensive game just as I expected, I did expect a little more scoring from both sides though...

3 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Hey it was a great defensive game just as I expected, I did expect a little more scoring from both sides though...

Agreed brother. All that stuff from before I was try to get under y’all’s skins little bit. Truth is this game made me nervous all week. We have a lot of guys trying their best but we just don’t have that ringer at WR and our running back is a bull riding tuff as nails kid bit tore ligaments in his ankle against Brentwood. He wanted to start Friday so they wrapped him up with what looked like 50 yards of material he was good for the 1HC play then reinjured  the ankle again. Some fans have been awful hard on this team. We literally have 14 Srs on the team but most of the work getting done is Jrs. And we got a new offensive play caller. He’s doing the exact same thing the old one was. It’s super frustrating. 

• Upvote 2