5A Playoff 2021

Rhea Co.

4 hours ago, Kevin38 said:

Hey it was a great defensive game just as I expected, I did expect a little more scoring from both sides though...

I didn’t see a great defensive game.. I saw a team leave at least 18 points on the field from implosion. I’ve rewatched the film 3x, and each time it was the same thing. Henry County beat themselves in the red zone. I mean kudos for stopping the same straight ahead play 4x and getting the turnover on downs, that took guts, but if we keep doing what got us down there, it’s a 21-6 game. If’s/but’s I know.. but that’s been the story of our season to this point. Not having 7 in all 3 facets hurt, as well as missing 17, but we shot ourselves in the foot on numerous occasions. Outside of the Summit game and here and there with Beech, we’ve beaten ourselves all season long.

29 minutes ago, mmb said:

I didn’t see a great defensive game.. I saw a team leave at least 18 points on the field from implosion. I’ve rewatched the film 3x, and each time it was the same thing. Henry County beat themselves in the red zone. I mean kudos for stopping the same straight ahead play 4x and getting the turnover on downs, that took guts, but if we keep doing what got us down there, it’s a 21-6 game. If’s/but’s I know.. but that’s been the story of our season to this point. Not having 7 in all 3 facets hurt, as well as missing 17, but we shot ourselves in the foot on numerous occasions. Outside of the Summit game and here and there with Beech, we’ve beaten ourselves all season long.

Lets just say we left 2 scores on the field as well, QB flat out missed #21 early in the game, he catches in stride no one catches him, he is fast. Later he was wide open and QB did not even see him, but hey, that is neither here nor there, this is just how football works. Also, that is why I say it was a good defenive game. Both teams had a few small opportunities that they missed which caused a low scoring affair. I do not know the exact game stats but I am betting the yard totals are pretty similar

Edited by Kevin38

1 hour ago, mmb said:

Has I sit here currently watching the film for the 3rd time, the refs are the only reason Henry county scored 3, bogus pass interference call on a 3rd down. Spotting the ball in HC’s favor, not calling holding against our #84 multiple times. Fumble on HC’s last drive that Springfield clearly recovered not called. So yeah Henry county shot themselves in the foot, because the refs helped all they could. HOME COOKING at its finest, but hey the Jackets still got it done.

Edited by Poundtherock23
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Poundtherock23 said:

Has I sit here currently watching the film for the 3rd time, the refs are the only reason Henry county scored 3, bogus pass interference call on a 3rd down. Spotting the ball in HC’s favor, not calling holding against our #84 multiple times. Fumble on HC’s last drive that Springfield clearly recovered not called. So yeah Henry county shot themselves in the foot, because the refs helped all they could. HOME COOKING at its finest, but hey the Jackets still got it done.

I booed the refs as they left the field.

On 10/2/2021 at 1:40 PM, JacketLover said:

It could be a three way tie between Portland, KW, and NE with the three having beaten each other. 

D. The following tie-breaking procedures shall be applied and all regular-season games, both region and non-region, shall count (After each of the following steps have been applied, item C above shall be applied.):
1. The team with the greatest number of victories.
2. The team who plays the greatest number of teams who win 50 percent or more of their games.
3. The team who has the greatest number of victories over teams winning 50 percent or more of their games.
4. The team whose opponents have earned the most victories.
5. The team whose opponents have received fewer defeats.

Yep if it all plays out like I think it will come down to the NE and Kenwood game to determine rather their will be a 2 or 3 way tie.