FORREST AT RICHLAND

GeneralForrest

Forrest has several players who can make plays offensively. The biggest key to the 4 wins since beginning of Sept has been Bennett. When he takes what's there and doesn't force and runs when he can, Forrest looks like a Top 10 team. He needs to continue to play well and play smart. Marion was an anomaly. These last 3 teams are just like the 4 Forrest has basically bludgeoned- Moore, Cascade, Summertown, and Loretto.

Loretto is a physical team that cant score. Richland looks like a finesse team that will not want to be hit in the mouth in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  

Forrest has averaged 26 points a game in their last 3 wins, by far the best since 2019.  

6 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest has several players who can make plays offensively. The biggest key to the 4 wins since beginning of Sept has been Bennett. When he takes what's there and doesn't force and runs when he can, Forrest looks like a Top 10 team. He needs to continue to play well and play smart. Marion was an anomaly. These last 3 teams are just like the 4 Forrest has basically bludgeoned- Moore, Cascade, Summertown, and Loretto.

Loretto is a physical team that cant score. Richland looks like a finesse team that will not want to be hit in the mouth in the 3rd and 4th quarter.  

Forrest has averaged 26 points a game in their last 3 wins, by far the best since 2019.  

Richland is a balanced team, probably the most balanced in the region. They only threw 2 passes vs mt pleasant so I would say they can be physical if necessary. 

a balanced team that throws 2 times a game. cool. most balanced in the region. that's like saying  "best tasting castor oil" and i don't care if i date myself with that comment. 

methinks richlands sudden offensive explosiveness has more to do with opponent than a fairy godmother sprinkling bill walsh dust on Lynnville, 

losses - cornersville, summertown, cascade- 31 points in 3 games (10 per)

wins- hickman, FACS, MTP, Collinwood- 166 points in 4 games (42 per)

Forrest's D will be more like the 1st three than the latter four. 

I have been around some of the Forrest  staff and players this past week and they seem to be extremely dialed in for this game. The players know with a win this Friday they clinch the 1 seed in region play. The kids look well rested and eager to finish the season strong. Whether or not the coaching staff calls the game how it should be is unknow. I do know the players will be ready. 

15 hours ago, Tman2020 said:

I have been around some of the Forrest  staff and players this past week and they seem to be extremely dialed in for this game. The players know with a win this Friday they clinch the 1 seed in region play. The kids look well rested and eager to finish the season strong. Whether or not the coaching staff calls the game how it should be is unknow. I do know the players will be ready. 

this is a good post. thank you. i hope you are correct!

• Like 1