Oakland hosting CPA - Thursday

CougarDadx2

6 hours ago, Navy21412 said:

Having watched both teams a little, and seeing CPA up close, this looks like a strength on strength game.  Oakland has James the best RB in the state, and CPA has an excellent front 7.  They are just fundamentally really sound.  They do a great job getting off blocks and making tackles.  When we (MBA) played CPA we couldn't get anything going with the run game.  There was just nowhere to run.  The D line doesn't look that big but they beat blockers and clog holes and let the LBs clean up.  Those LBs led by Patterson just don't miss a lot of tackles.  I think Ingle still values coaching and practicing the old school way and it shows.  Against us, the CPA offense bogged down because I think they were resting Patterson on offense some.  He and Law together are a pretty strong duo running the read option.  Two great teams, will be fun to watch.

The CPA coaching staff definitely likes to use a lot of players in non-region or lesser competitive region games. Like you, I think having 11 & 10 in the backfield is hard to beat.  On offense, I honestly can't predict what the approach will be Thursday.  They could try to pound the ball with their best 1/2 punch, they might continue the running back by committee approach, or they may try to throw the ball around a lot.  If they were playing Oakland in a playoff game, I feel pretty certain you'd see a lot of the 11/12 combo, I'm just not sure they'll take the same approach given it's not.