Henry County @ Paducah Tilghman

BigRed88

27 minutes ago, RedPride91 said:

I'm a HC graduate and love following the Big Red football games but this is as bad as it gets for HC. I'm just going to say facts about what's going on and what everyone else is seeing. When we had Coach Gaddis, he didn't care what the last names were for the players and he played the best players to give his team the best chance to win. We have a major coaching problem and bad coaching decisions made Offensively. That team has way too much talent up and down the sidelines with most of it being on the sidelines. It shouldn't matter if you're a Freshman or a Senior but the best talent and players should be playing instead of having to wait for the Senior to leave and graduate. If I'm the Head Coach or the Offensive Coordinator, I'm putting all my playmakers on the field at the same time instead of a couple talented players with this group and another couple talented players with another group. Just bad coaching and bad decision making and it's time to do something differently because what is being done isn't working. I will say since 2016 the head coach has been blessed with great talent bailing him out producing winning seasons and now it's caught up with him and it seems that now they're having to coach and can't get the job done. The best in the game today is Nick Saban and we all know if his players aren't getting the job done, he will shake things up without being afraid of what the Boosters will say or think because it's about winning games for his program and his players. Pee Wee football coaches don't get paid to lose but middle school and above coaches get paid to do a job. The bottom line, it's time to make changes.

I agree 1 million % with everything you said, you did a way better job at saying it than I could do! 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, RollRed said:

Sam here.  HC class of 2000. On this thread after the Paducah game I said these coaches have been exposed this year. You hit the nail right on the head about the talent to just win games. I really noticed a problem in the 2018 state game when we had plenty of talent but the play calls weren’t working at all and it seems like they just kept beating that same dead horse. Same thing happened when we lost to Dyer county in the playoffs. We had a great team. But they got wise to us running up the middle. What was our play calls? Up the middle 3rd down no gain. 4th down. Same thing up the middle. And the crowd is just losing their minds how we all see it and the ones paid to just keep crippling our kids with the same thing that just hasn’t worked. Nothing will change because there is some really good talent coming up. But we get exposed in the big games :oops:

I know one kid specifically on the 2018 team that started all season long and helped us get to the State Championship game and he was a Junior at the time, guess what? The coaches sat him and started the backup who was a Senior.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, RedPride91 said:

I'm a HC graduate and love following the Big Red football games but this is as bad as it gets for HC. I'm just going to say facts about what's going on and what everyone else is seeing. When we had Coach Gaddis, he didn't care what the last names were for the players and he played the best players to give his team the best chance to win. We have a major coaching problem and bad coaching decisions made Offensively. That team has way too much talent up and down the sidelines with most of it being on the sidelines. It shouldn't matter if you're a Freshman or a Senior but the best talent and players should be playing instead of having to wait for the Senior to leave and graduate. If I'm the Head Coach or the Offensive Coordinator, I'm putting all my playmakers on the field at the same time instead of a couple talented players with this group and another couple talented players with another group. Just bad coaching and bad decision making and it's time to do something differently because what is being done isn't working. I will say since 2016 the head coach has been blessed with great talent bailing him out producing winning seasons and now it's caught up with him and it seems that now they're having to coach and can't get the job done. The best in the game today is Nick Saban and we all know if his players aren't getting the job done, he will shake things up without being afraid of what the Boosters will say or think because it's about winning games for his program and his players. Pee Wee football coaches don't get paid to lose but middle school and above coaches get paid to do a job. The bottom line, it's time to make changes.

By the way welcome to Coach T and your post gets a standing ovation from me! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KnoxVil said:

So you guys are ready to bounce Counce?? Interesting to say the least…..

It won't happen, too many kiss @sses around here. I like Coach Counce a lot but there is literally no change in our team this year. We aren't getting better as the season goes along. Somebody has to take responsibility. People all across the state are in shock by what's going on in Henry County, not just us Henry County fans. Its absolutely unacceptable. If nothing is done about it, we will quickly be just an average team, if not below average team year in and year out like it used to be before Coach Gaddis.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KnoxVil said:

So you guys are ready to bounce Counce?? Interesting to say the least…..

Not Counce. I would say not anyone. I honestly hope Counce Jr. stays with us until he retires. Im hoping this be more of a wake up call. I personally think the world  of what the Counce’s have done for Henry County. In the leaderships defense we lost several top players do to injury and disciplinary reasons. Some changes just need to be made. The same old same is just not getting it done. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

Counce shouldn't be let go after 1 bad season but boy that seat may get REALLY hot if the same thing happens next year....

Maybe he should have taken notes from his dad. If he had he wouldn’t have any discipline problems. Gaddis had discipline problems when he was here too for the record.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RedPride91 said:

I totally agree with the bold. I get wanting to honor the seniors who have come all the way through the program, but talent is talent and the team is what’s most important. 

1 hour ago, gr8tn08 said:

Maybe he should have taken notes from his dad. If he had he wouldn’t have any discipline problems. Gaddis had discipline problems when he was here too for the record.

I dont think anybody can argue the fact that Counce Sr. Was the MAN! He had every one of his teams at Henry County ready to bust heads on Friday nights! I loved his style and there just won't be another like him! His famous quote of playing "Big Boy Football" wasn't just one of his sayings but his teams actually went out there and did that win or lose and that's what I admired about Sr!

Seems several HC supporters have thrown the towel in, not only on the season, but on the staff as well. While I understand the frustration, I believe you have a good one in Counce. This team has underachieved for sure, but it looked to me the problem was more of a matter of the players. What I personally saw was a team that didn’t have the same fire as the previous HC teams I have seen. That could be a reflection of coaching in some situations, but I can’t believe it is with HC. There have been some key players missing in several games (as I understand it), or this team could easily be 6-2. Circle the wagons, win the next two games, and make a run in November. As bad as the year has been, I still believe HC can beat any team in 5A if the breaks go your way instead of against you. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, eers said:

Seems several HC supporters have thrown the towel in, not only on the season, but on the staff as well. While I understand the frustration, I believe you have a good one in Counce. This team has underachieved for sure, but it looked to me the problem was more of a matter of the players. What I personally saw was a team that didn’t have the same fire as the previous HC teams I have seen. That could be a reflection of coaching in some situations, but I can’t believe it is with HC. There have been some key players missing in several games (as I understand it), or this team could easily be 6-2. Circle the wagons, win the next two games, and make a run in November. As bad as the year has been, I still believe HC can beat any team in 5A if the breaks go your way instead of against you. 

I think we all really appreciate the support you have shown us this season! It won't be forgotten! I still am trying to hold on to that last little thread of hope that we can make a little run but the only way is to change things up with play calling and getting the right players in the right positions. I think its time for the hail Mary. The season has been a disappointment, so let's go out the last 2 games this season and the playoffs and make something happen. Open the playbook WIDE open. Put Caden Marshall at receiver and throw that deep ball at least a few times a games. Bring up Martez Rack and Lavon Tharpe for sure from the freshman squad. Im sure there is others that can come up as well. Its time to get ALL the best players this program has and put them on the field. The coaches don't need to play scared anymore, lets be in attack mode!!