2A R6 vs 2A R5 Playoffs

vandyfan1

There was a good article in Main Street Prep that summarized every region and the playoff projections. It also listed each regions overall record which probably doesn’t mean much, but I found it interesting. Here’s 2A in order of winning percentages for each regions overall record highest to lowest.

1.      Region 3 - 27 wins and 12 losses for a 69.2% winning percentage

2.      Region 5 – 26-17 60.5%

3.      Region 6 – 26-18 59.1%

4.      Region 1 – 16-13 55.2%

5.      Region 8 – 30-28 51.7%

6.      Region 2 – 17-16 51.5%

7.      Region 4 – 21-23 47.7%

8.      Region 7 – 20-23 46.5%

39 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

i would s

good question- i assumed they'd finish 1 and 2 regardless. which means forrest would only have to play one of them in the playoffs?

Here is the next thing: Welp, eight teams then down to four then to two then Westview then state.

Will Chapel Hill get the Cascade/East Hickman winner or the Summertown vs (blank) winner next?

On a separate note, I saw Chapel Hill play Spring Hill back in the mid 80's in a playoff game. Some friends were connected to Spring Hill so I went with them. They had Papa Wade back then but Chapel Hill had a kid named Chatterfield or Chesterfield or may have been Crutchfield that was a pretty good back. If you know who I'm talking about, what ever happened to him?

Edited by Pizzpatriot2

5 hours ago, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Here is the next thing: Welp, eight teams then down to four then to two then Westview then state.

Will Chapel Hill get the Cascade/East Hickman winner or the Summertown vs (blank) winner next?

On a separate note, I saw Chapel Hill play Spring Hill back in the mid 80's in a playoff game. Some friends were connected to Spring Hill so I went with them. They had Papa Wade back then but Chapel Hill had a kid named Chatterfield or Chesterfield or may have been Crutchfield that was a pretty good back. If you know who I'm talking about, what ever happened to him?

Chapel Hill would play Summertown/? Winner

17 hours ago, ddaddy said:

There was a good article in Main Street Prep that summarized every region and the playoff projections. It also listed each regions overall record which probably doesn’t mean much, but I found it interesting. Here’s 2A in order of winning percentages for each regions overall record highest to lowest.

1.      Region 3 - 27 wins and 12 losses for a 69.2% winning percentage

2.      Region 5 – 26-17 60.5%

3.      Region 6 – 26-18 59.1%

4.      Region 1 – 16-13 55.2%

5.      Region 8 – 30-28 51.7%

6.      Region 2 – 17-16 51.5%

7.      Region 4 – 21-23 47.7%

8.      Region 7 – 20-23 46.5%

This is an awesome post worthy of its own thread. I've watched some online region 4 games trying to get a look at East Robertson and that region isn't as good as I thought earlier in the season. Region 3 is legit especially if Bledsoe is healthy but a lot of the other regions have 1 or 2 good teams and nothing else.  I would much rather have played Trousdale or Watertown than Marion this year.

11 hours ago, pcwoody said:

Chapel Hill would play Summertown/? Winner

10 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

I think they will have to face their old region rival Lewis county I also think Riverside will have to face East Hickman again.

Assuming Forrest, Cascade, Summertown, and Richland is the order of finish. Summertown will play the loser of Lewis County/ Riverside in Round 1 and the winner of that game travels to Forrest if Forrest can knock off Adamsville in Round 1. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

This is an awesome post worthy of its own thread. I've watched some online region 4 games trying to get a look at East Robertson and that region isn't as good as I thought earlier in the season. Region 3 is legit especially if Bledsoe is healthy but a lot of the other regions have 1 or 2 good teams and nothing else.  I would much rather have played Trousdale or Watertown than Marion this year.

Winning % vs your own region is overrated.

If R5 Forrest goes 5-0 "in house" beating a bunch of lousy teams, how is that relevant if they play a Westview, Marion, TC, Meigs, or even a Riverside or Lewis. 

It isnt. 

1 hour ago, Salem said:

Why would you have rather played H2O or Trousdale?  Me personally I would want to play the best just to really gauge my team. Don’t you think Marion is better than those two?

17 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Winning % vs your own region is overrated.

If R5 Forrest goes 5-0 "in house" beating a bunch of lousy teams, how is that relevant if they play a Westview, Marion, TC, Meigs, or even a Riverside or Lewis. 

It isnt. 

Region % doesnt matter and wasn't included in ddaddy's post. Every intra- region record will be around .500. He included overall records which is interesting. 

Westview's region record is 20-23. That shows WV and and Huntingdon are stout and the rest of the region is awful. 

Region 5 has a solid overall record. Does that mean it's a solid region or do they just play cupcakes in nonregion games? Playoff performance will tell us. At the risk of sounding so Loretto, Region 5 has losses to Cornersville (2) , 4A Lawrence Co (2) Marion, 5A Columbia Central  , Lewis Co, so they aren't all cupcakes. 

28 minutes ago, Salem said:

Region % doesnt matter and wasn't included in ddaddy's post. Every intra- region record will be around .500. He included overall records which is interesting. 

Westview's region record is 20-23. That shows WV and and Huntingdon are stout and the rest of the region is awful. 

Region 5 has a solid overall record. Does that mean it's a solid region or do they just play cupcakes in nonregion games? Playoff performance will tell us. At the risk of sounding so Loretto, Region 5 has losses to Cornersville (2) , 4A Lawrence Co (2) Marion, 5A Columbia Central  , Lewis Co, so they aren't all cupcakes. 

I think that is spot on. It's all games played by all region team so non-region games are figured in. I didn't have an epiphany when I read it but was a little surprised with the total wins of some regions.  

41 minutes ago, ddaddy said:

I think that is spot on. It's all games played by all region team so non-region games are figured in. I didn't have an epiphany when I read it but was a little surprised with the total wins of some regions.  

Taking out the region games gives the following region's records in non region games. Interesting. 

1.      Region 3 -  18-4

2.      Region 5 –   17-8

3.      Region 6 –   16-8  

4.      Region 1 –    11 -8

5.      Region 8 –     6-9

6.      Region 2 –    11-12

7.      Region 4 –   11-13

8.      Region 7 –  10-14

Edited by Salem