2A R6 vs 2A R5 Playoffs

vandyfan1

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

Why would you have rather played H2O or Trousdale?  Me personally I would want to play the best just to really gauge my team. Don’t you think Marion is better than those two?

I think Marion beats both but any of the three would be good measuring stick games. Forrest has a solid group of 15-16 guys that get rotated in. We are undersized and have no depth.  We were very fortunate to leave that game without any injuries right before the Cascade game. I don't think playing a team that runs Marion's style offense benefits our defense this year. Any team in 2A would challenge our offense. 

Forrest has to beat Lewis County and/ or  Riverside to accomplish their playoff goals. IMO, Marion's offense does nothing to prepare you for either. They just line up their 300 pounders and bulldoze you. Trousdale is similar to Lewis and Watertown runs a similar offense to Riverside. And if you get super lucky in the west you run into Westview. So I would be getting all the spread work I could get to get ready for that. 

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, Salem said:

I think Marion beats both but any of the three would be good measuring stick games. Forrest has a solid group of 15-16 guys that get rotated in. We are undersized and have no depth.  We were very fortunate to leave that game without any injuries right before the Cascade game. I don't think playing a team that runs Marion's style offense benefits our defense this year. Any team in 2A would challenge our offense. 

Forrest has to beat Lewis County and/ or  Riverside to accomplish their playoff goals. IMO, Marion's offense does nothing to prepare you for either. They just line up their 300 pounders and bulldoze you. Trousdale is similar to Lewis and Watertown runs a similar offense to Riverside. And if you get super lucky in the west you run into Westview. So I would be getting all the spread work I could get to get ready for that. 

Gotcha! Now I see your point of view.

1 hour ago, ddaddy said:

I think that is spot on. It's all games played by all region team so non-region games are figured in. I didn't have an epiphany when I read it but was a little surprised with the total wins of some regions.  

35 minutes ago, Salem said:

Taking out the region games gives the following region's records in non region games. Interesting. 

1.      Region 3 -  18-4

2.      Region 5 –   17-8

3.      Region 6 –   16-8  

4.      Region 1 –    11 -8

5.      Region 8 –     6-9

6.      Region 2 –    11-12

7.      Region 4 –   11-13

8.      Region 7 –  10-14

I think Huntingdon has the toughest schedule out of all of the 2A this year.