Haywood @ south Gibson!!

Kruger77

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Dang man, SGC has a respectable football program. Coach Stidham and company have done a great job getting the most out of his kids and anyone that plays them will have to show up ready to play because they will play hard. This makes our program sound like they are a joke or subpar to play with the best... I understand that we have not played for a gold ball, we are still a pretty young program, but we play hard and have beaten some really good football teams in the past several years. We are used to playing the best week in and out.  

I am pretty sure that a team from our region has played for the gold ball for the past several years. Ask your neighbors at Covington if they look forward to playing the Hornets. 

Haywood has a bunch of stuff that we do not have... Size, speed, agility, athletes, history, D1 prospects.... I could go on and on... SGC has a bunch of kids that will give it their best shot every play and play that way to the last whistle. 

I just hope it is a clean game and refs are not involved too much. Good luck to the Tomcats. Everyone knows this is going to be an uphill battle for the little hornets out of Medina. 

Obviously, it was a poor choice of words on my part.  I certainly didn't intend for my statement to be taken in that way.  It was not my intent to criticize South Gibson's football program, but apparently I did, and I apologize.

Murfreesboro Oakland has one of the best teams  in the state.  The Patriots lead the overall series with Haywood 3-0-1.  That's not a good look for Haywood.  If anything, I think that statement  attests to the power of Oakland's program and possibly a weakness of ours.  I felt the same way when I made that statement concerning SGC.

If you look back at the other quote that I made in the post,  I stated, " I tip my hat to South Gibson.  You have a first class program."  In fact, I had nothing but praise for SGC in that 2019 thread.

If you check my post history, I don't think you'll find any posts where I have criticized Coach Stidham or the South Gibson team.  I wholeheartedly agree with your statement, "SGC has a bunch of kids that will give it their best shot every play and play that way to the last whistle."

South Gibson is a a formidable foe.  I don't believe that I, or anyone else, has denied that.  I'm aware of South Gibson's track record against Haywood.   I know that the Hornets give it their all.  I know South Gibson has put up 101 points against Haywood over the last two years. In fact, I have mentioned in several posts over the course of this year that Haywood has had difficulty stopping South Gibson's offense.  Coach Stidham always comes up with an excellent game plan. There has been no disrespect toward South Gibson there.

When Milan and South Gibson were members, I never questioned the power of Region 7-3A.  I'll readily admit that when that was the case, 7-3A was one of the strongest regions in the state. Haywood lost 3 regular season games last year. Two of those loses were to 7-3A Covington and 7-3A South Gibson.  No disrespect there...it was indeed a powerful region.

I also  hope it is a clean injury free game and the refs are not involved too much.  Good luck to both teams.

Edited by stacmot
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, ManOfMillions said:

Dang man, SGC has a respectable football program. Coach Stidham and company have done a great job getting the most out of his kids and anyone that plays them will have to show up ready to play because they will play hard. This makes our program sound like they are a joke or subpar to play with the best... I understand that we have not played for a gold ball, we are still a pretty young program, but we play hard and have beaten some really good football teams in the past several years. We are used to playing the best week in and out.  

I am pretty sure that a team from our region has played for the gold ball for the past several years. Ask your neighbors at Covington if they look forward to playing the Hornets. 

Haywood has a bunch of stuff that we do not have... Size, speed, agility, athletes, history, D1 prospects.... I could go on and on... SGC has a bunch of kids that will give it their best shot every play and play that way to the last whistle. 

I just hope it is a clean game and refs are not involved too much. Good luck to the Tomcats. Everyone knows this is going to be an uphill battle for the little hornets out of Medina. 

On 5/10/2021 at 2:22 PM, ManOfMillions said:

HA! sadly, you are not far off base with this comment. Especially early in the season before Haywood has learned how to play. 

Speaking of making a program sound like it is a joke or subpar!  I could be taking it the wrong way, but I think this post concerning Haywood is critical and disrespectful. 

At any rate, It's late in the season, so I hope we've learned how to play. Maybe we can give SGC a good game.

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Speaking of making a program sound like it is a joke or subpar!  I could be taking it the wrong way, but I think this post concerning Haywood is critical and disrespectful. 

At any rate, It's late in the season, so I hope we've learned how to play. Maybe we can give SGC a good game.

I can assure you that whatever is said on here on either side, the two head coaches have the utmost respect for each other. I have met ManofMillions and know he has a lot of respect for Haywood County football so I kind of looked twice at that quote from May, but moved on. I do know that out of all the games on the schedule, this is the one HC coaches and players have circled so no way they overlook the Hornets. Should be a good game!

2 hours ago, reddyrebel6 said:

I can assure you that whatever is said on here on either side, the two head coaches have the utmost respect for each other. I have met ManofMillions and know he has a lot of respect for Haywood County football so I kind of looked twice at that quote from May, but moved on. I do know that out of all the games on the schedule, this is the one HC coaches and players have circled so no way they overlook the Hornets. Should be a good game!

Since you quoted me, I can only presume your post was directed at me.  

I'm sure that Stidham and Smith do have the utmost respect for each other.  I'm not sure where in any of my posts you got the idea I thought otherwise.

I also let the quote from May go at the time, but I had not forgotten it. I thought the remark came across as a flippant and unnecessary jab at Haywood.  He probably didn't mean for that remark to be disrepectul.   I didn't intend for my post to be disrespectful either.

I know that Man of Millions has a lot of respect for Haywood High football, and I have a lot of respect for both Man of Millions and South Gibson football.  I've always thought he did an excellent job in the video streams of SGC, and I have praised his work on numerous occasions.

I don't believe I've said anything about the Haywood High coaches or players overlooking the Hornets. However, I did respond to a previous post that I was glad to hear that the Cats had circled the date.  I, like all Haywood fans, would like to see the Tomcats avenge last year's loss.  

I agree that it should be a good game.

7 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

@stacmot

It's all good. You have always been respectful and complimentary of other schools and SGC. I did not take it personal. I just thought it was kind of a slight to SGC. No love loss. You are a great poster on T.

Thanks.  I'm glad you didn't take it personally.  I didn't mean it as a personal attack.   I would like to apologize once again.  I did not intend for my post to be disrespectful to you, Coach Stidham, or South Gibson.  I think you are a great poster.  I always enjoy looking for and reading your posts.

I did see in a previous post that someone believed the game would be video streamed on the SGC football Facebook page.  Do you know if that might be true?

2 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Thanks.  I'm glad you didn't take it personally.  I didn't mean it as a personal attack.   I would like to apologize once again.  I did not intend for my post to be disrespectful to you, Coach Stidham, or South Gibson.  I think you are a great poster.  I always enjoy looking for and reading your posts.

I did see in a previous post that someone believed the game would be video streamed on the SGC football Facebook page.  Do you know if that might be true?

I can't really comment on if the game will be streamed. I am no longer on the air. I think they have tried a couple of different platforms to broadcast. Again, I am not really sure so take that with a grain of salt. Will haywood not bring their broadcasting team from Brownsville radio with them? We all used to work for Carlton when he was over WNWS. 

1 hour ago, stacmot said:

Since you quoted me, I can only presume your post was directed at me.  

I'm sure that Stidham and Smith do have the utmost respect for each other.  I'm not sure where in any of my posts you got the idea I thought otherwise.

I also let the quote from May go at the time, but I had not forgotten it. I thought the remark came across as a flippant and unnecessary jab at Haywood.  He probably didn't mean for that remark to be disrepectul.   I didn't intend for my post to be disrespectful either.

I know that Man of Millions has a lot of respect for Haywood High football, and I have a lot of respect for both Man of Millions and South Gibson football.  I've always thought he did an excellent job in the video streams of SGC, and I have praised his work on numerous occasions.

I don't believe I've said anything about the Haywood High coaches or players overlooking the Hornets. However, I did respond to a previous post that I was glad to hear that the Cats had circled the date.  I, like all Haywood fans, would like to see the Tomcats avenge last year's loss.  

I agree that it should be a good game.

Yeah I know. That wasn't directed at you. Just was following the thread. I respect all your opinions.