Haywood @ south Gibson!!

Kruger77

43 minutes ago, stacmot said:

Lol...Chargerfan, I thought you knew.  I get no respect, no respect at all!

I get no respect, no respect at all! - Rodney Dangerfield - quickmeme

Nobody is going to put any respect on your name! You do not even know how to spell Tomcat and that is your favorite team. You are having a really bad case of dyslexia or something. You spelled it backwards buddy! The chargers are some sorry, yellow bellied, bugger eating sap sucking dogs as well! You make sure charger fan knows where it came from! 

HA! JK! Yall are both great posters on the T. 

46 minutes ago, ManOfMillions said:

Nobody is going to put any respect on your name! You do not even know how to spell Tomcat and that is your favorite team. You are having a really bad case of dyslexia or something. You spelled it backwards buddy! The chargers are some sorry, yellow bellied, bugger eating sap sucking dogs as well! You make sure charger fan knows where it came from! 

Thanks, I think, MOM. Between me and Stacmot, we have well over a hundred years of combined experience with being fans of our schools. To paraphrase what Reagan said to Mondale, we are not going to criticize you for your youth and inexperience. But, we were cheering for Covington and Haywood when South Gibson was not even a gleam in Gibson County’s eye. I have shoes that are older than your school.

My ancient memory says that before there was a Coach T, or any posters on Coach T, there was a restaurant in Brownsville called Stacmot. In the 1970’s I used to take my family over there for catfish. So, my esteemed and respected fellow poster has adopted the same pseudonym. It’s a highly respected name, too. 

I do enjoy trading banter with you. I enjoyed meeting you at Covington a couple of years ago. Despite being relatively new, y’all  (SGC) have come a long way in a short time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ManOfMillions said:

You are a great poster.  However, it is Tomcats (not Tomcat) spelled backwards, but what do I know?  I'm just some big, old, country bumpkin born and raised in Haywood County, Tennessee.  Heck, I haven't even learnt how to play foos-ball yet!  i think I'll repeat what @CHARGERFAN said...Thanks, I think. 

26 minutes ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks, I think, MOM. Between me and Stacmot, we have well over a hundred years of combined experience with being fans of our schools. To paraphrase what Reagan said to Mondale, we are not going to criticize you for your youth and inexperience. But, we were cheering for Covington and Haywood when South Gibson was not even a gleam in Gibson County’s eye. I have shoes that are older than your school.

My ancient memory says that before there was a Coach T, or any posters on Coach T, there was a restaurant in Brownsville called Stacmot. In the 1970’s I used to take my family over there for catfish. So, my esteemed and respected fellow poster has adopted the same pseudonym. It’s a highly respected name, too. 

I do enjoy trading banter with you. I enjoyed meeting you at Covington a couple of years ago. Despite being relatively new, y’all  (SGC) have come a long way in a short time.

I like that I have shoes older than your school remark!  Good response.
I bet your kids loved the dinosaur chimney on top of the Stacmot.  I know it used to fascinate me, but it doesn't take a lot to fascinate me. 
We do have a lot of experience.  I've been a Haywood fan for “pert'near.” 60 years now.

image.jpeg.65212b3ef55534d8d320e8bf77d8df83.jpeg

Can South Gibson keep Haywood off the field? Can they find a way to create big plays (20ish yards) without scoring a Touchdown? It’s a weird thing to say. SGC has to get around 29 minutes of T.O.P. and maximize their possessions. Haywood’s defense has been stellar throughout the regular season. One thing for sure, there will be a party after the game because this is the championship game. Unfortunately, the party will be in the visitors locker room and not on the home locker room. I think South Gibson is fine, it’s just Haywood is a train and has no plans to derail or stop.

8 hours ago, stacmot said:

You are a great poster.  However, it is Tomcats (not Tomcat) spelled backwards, but what do I know?  I'm just some big, old, country bumpkin born and raised in Haywood County, Tennessee.  Heck, I haven't even learnt how to play foos-ball yet!  i think I'll repeat what @CHARGERFAN said...Thanks, I think. 

I like that I have shoes older than your school remark!  Good response.
I bet your kids loved the dinosaur chimney on top of the Stacmot.  I know it used to fascinate me, but it doesn't take a lot to fascinate me. 
We do have a lot of experience.  I've been a Haywood fan for “pert'near.” 60 years now.

image.jpeg.65212b3ef55534d8d320e8bf77d8df83.jpeg

Love that pic.

I matriculated at Byars-Hall High as a freshman in 1958. That school morphed into Covington High in 1970. So, that’s 63 years plus your 60. Good grief, Charlie Brown, we’ve gotten old!!!

But, as I tell folks, “I like getting older. There’s just one other choice”.

13 hours ago, CHARGERFAN said:

Thanks charger fan. The Reagan quote is classic. This was him at his absolute finest. My Pop's used to tell youngun's he called them that exact same thing. I wish Covington would go ahead and jump in the region, kick out Obion, and leave Crockett and Northside. We really would have a super region then.