Dobyns-Bennett travels to Murvil to take on Willy B

TribalEmpire

7 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

Dang barn your relentless on ole hardin  valley I'm mean they really do such but you've had me laughing on two threads now you ripping on em lol I second the motion  on the turd bowl between heritage and hardin valley

Has nothing to do with Hardin Valley personally but the fools that set back and watch people that are paid for complete failure and the people that have kids there putting up with it and letting it slide. If that happened at Maryville or Alcoa moving vans would show up at your house, for sale signs would be in your yard and weekly emergency yard sale signs would be placed all over town. That's why we win over here. If you don't believe me ask George Quarles what happened in 2000 when they lost the very first four games and went on to win them all after that and the rest is history. Everyone of these Maryville fans on here will back me up on that also.

8 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

DB has been banged up since the West Ridge game and Greeneville added several more to the injured reserve.  I'm not making excuses for the Jeff Co. game, but we were missing 6 starters and 2 reserves that play a lot of snaps.  We were already a young team, but when you are missing that many players and playing kids with very little experience, confidence can be fleeting and mistakes will be made.  That being said, it's next man up and you grow from what you have learned.  I take nothing away from Jeff County, they came in with a game plan and executed it.  Jeff County is a good football team with maybe the best quarterbacks I have seen in upper east Tennessee in a long time.  Barring injury, that young man will be playing on Saturdays with a Division 1 team.  After a week of rest DB should be in a healthier position when they travel to WB.  DB wins by 3 touchdowns.

No doubt DB will be in the drivers seat but how much they win by will depend on how long Shad took a vacation last week.

• Like 4

12 hours ago, JustAnotherFootballFan said:

DB has been banged up since the West Ridge game and Greeneville added several more to the injured reserve.  I'm not making excuses for the Jeff Co. game, but we were missing 6 starters and 2 reserves that play a lot of snaps.  We were already a young team, but when you are missing that many players and playing kids with very little experience, confidence can be fleeting and mistakes will be made.  That being said, it's next man up and you grow from what you have learned.  I take nothing away from Jeff County, they came in with a game plan and executed it.  Jeff County is a good football team with maybe the best quarterbacks I have seen in upper east Tennessee in a long time.  Barring injury, that young man will be playing on Saturdays with a Division 1 team.  After a week of rest DB should be in a healthier position when they travel to WB.  DB wins by 3 touchdowns.

I kinda get this on one level, but do you mean to tell me that the 3rd biggest high school in the state (https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21/2021classification.html#di-football) can't find the athletes to plug-n-play?

3 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I kinda get this on one level, but do you mean to tell me that the 3rd biggest high school in the state (https://cms-files.tssaa.org/documents/tssaa/2020-21/2021classification.html#di-football) can't find the athletes to plug-n-play?

I think I saw on one web site that had DB's varsity roster at 53.  That's 3A - 4A level. 

Edited by WaCoJaCo
d

1 hour ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I think I saw on one web site that had DB's varsity roster at 53.  That's 3A - 4A level. 

Wow, what's happened?    I can remember playing against DB and they stretched from end zone to end zone and several deep...    Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of the band, haha..       Ok seriously, that is unfathomable there would be that little interest in football in such a big school. 

9 hours ago, BarneySox2007 said:

Has nothing to do with Hardin Valley personally but the fools that set back and watch people that are paid for complete failure and the people that have kids there putting up with it and letting it slide. If that happened at Maryville or Alcoa moving vans would show up at your house, for sale signs would be in your yard and weekly emergency yard sale signs would be placed all over town. That's why we win over here. If you don't believe me ask George Quarles what happened in 2000 when they lost the very first four games and went on to win them all after that and the rest is history. Everyone of these Maryville fans on here will back me up on that also.

I’m glad the for sale signs I put up got his attention: plus it worked out for him!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

Wow, what's happened?    I can remember playing against DB and they stretched from end zone to end zone and several deep...    Oh wait, maybe I'm thinking of the band, haha..       Ok seriously, that is unfathomable there would be that little interest in football in such a big school. 

I drove by Sevier Middle School recently and noticed they had a bunch of kids on the practice field. A lot more than I had ever seen before. Looked like they had good size and looked athletic for a middle school. Someone later told me the coaching staff was all new this year. I thought great, maybe things are starting to happen. Guess what.....they haven't won a game yet. I'm starting to figure it out. Don't ever ask for change in Kingsport. It will only get worse. 

11 hours ago, blazer1set said:

I completely agree, but that wasn't for the class of 2022.  They started out with numbers in the upper 30s as freshmen and to the credit of these young men were still in the upper 20s when the 2022 season started.  However, with the exception of 2 in this senior class none of the other 20 something could break through until this year.  It is unfortunate for the team and the kids, but this is just one of those classes that didn't produce the athletes that it should have.  I could go in to the reasons why, but that would be unproductive and honestly a disservice to the fine young men that choose to go a different direction.  The team we have fielded this year are predominantly underclassmen and have faired well considering the inexperience and injuries.  No excuses, just one man's perspective on a young football team.

8 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

Not sure what website you looked at, but the school website says they have 85, which is a huge difference, but I'd say way closer to being correct than 53. I never personally counted them along the sidelines though.

https://athletics.k12k.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=573072&type=d&pREC_ID=1068053

53 is still plenty though if you have 35 or so that are capable of playing at any given point in any game. The two biggest schools in our area have enrollments of nearly 3K students, but have football rosters just under 50 players. I don't know if they limit the number of players that make a roster, but there's not a kid on either of those teams that looks like they don't belong on a football field, and both teams are ranked in the top 10 of Class 8A.

Edited by JDHoss

17 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

Not sure what website you looked at, but the school website says they have 85, which is a huge difference, but I'd say way closer to being correct than 53. I never personally counted them along the sidelines though.

https://athletics.k12k.com/apps/pages/index.jsp?uREC_ID=573072&type=d&pREC_ID=1068053

53 is still plenty though if you have 35 or so that are capable of playing at any given point in any game. The two biggest schools in our area have enrollments of nearly 3K students, but have football rosters just under 50 players. I don't know if they limit the number of players that make a roster, but there's not a kid on either of those teams that looks like they don't belong on a football field, and both teams are ranked in the top 10 of Class 8A.

Roughly 85 on the roster sophomores through seniors, but only about 36 contribute.  The rest of the players are window dressing.