Dobyns-Bennett travels to Murvil to take on Willy B

TribalEmpire

On 10/12/2021 at 11:57 AM, WaCoJaCo said:

OL Shad will only need to use one pass play against DB.  Roll the quarterback out and tell him to pick a wide open receiver and throw it to him. 

I see your point, Waco, but I don't think you realize that we like to throw it right to the defense. You can count on at least three turnovers from us this Friday.  My prediction is we will score a few tds and get our yards, but lose 49-21 or something like that. It's the same story every week. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I saw that we have one of the leading receivers in the whole Knoxville area and we have won 1 game all season. That's one of those things that only makes sense if you don't think about it. QB play matters, folks. And we just don't have good qb play right now.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

2 hours ago, TheGreatWallofAlnwick said:

I see your point, Waco, but I don't think you realize that we like to throw it right to the defense. You can count on at least three turnovers from us this Friday.  My prediction is we will score a few tds and get our yards, but lose 49-21 or something like that. It's the same story every week. I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am. I saw that we have one of the leading receivers in the whole Knoxville area and we have won 1 game all season. That's one of those things that only makes sense if you don't think about it. QB play matters, folks. And we just don't have good qb play right now.

DB just doesn't have the horses to put a lot of points on the board this year. And to be honest I'm not worried that you have one of the leading receivers in the Knoxville area. Even the worst receiver will get open against DB's secondary. I'd say the score will be something like 28 - 21 or 21 - 14 either way. 

5 hours ago, blazer1set said:

According to the Johnson City Press, WB threw for 361 yards against Science Hill.     Not sure what that means for this game but just something to chew on.....

Yeah, I read that to. Apparently WB also has one of the best receivers in the Knoxville area. I'm changing my prediction on the game. DB will have to score 45 to win. I don't see that happing. 

1 minute ago, MidTennFootball said:

Is it really? Making the playoffs not gonna mean much when you get your teeth kicked in. Can't even rely on them to show up for a playoff game even when they do make it

How ironic would it be to make the playoffs as a 4 seed and have to go "all the way" to Maryville for a first round playoff game?  

34 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Don't discount the Govs in the playoffs just yet.      In 2006 a very nominal middle of the pack WB team took on a 1st round playoff game against a very good 10-0 team.    Anybody remember what happened?

That narrative is so deceptive.  That was a 6-4 WB team that had two close losses to some of the best teams in 5A at the time (Farragut and Ooltewah) and a loss to Maryville. We could have easily beaten Farragut and Ooltewah. We only lost to Farragut by a point and we lost to Ooltewah 28-24 on the road because a very questionable flag eliminated a late go-ahead WB touchdown. That Ooltewah team lost to the eventual state champs (Smyrna) in the semifinals and Ooltewah had to beat Farragut in the third round to get to that game. That was a very good WB team.  We're talking about a team that could have easily been 9-1 with a 34-10 loss to Maryville. To say we were middle of the pack is inaccurate. We were a top 5ish team in 5A.

Edited by TheGreatWallofAlnwick

35 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

Don't discount the Govs in the playoffs just yet.      In 2006 a very nominal middle of the pack WB team took on a 1st round playoff game against a very good 10-0 team.    Anybody remember what happened?

I can guarantee you that history would not repeat itself this time.