Week 9 - Oak Ridge at Karns

CardinalGrey

7 hours ago, bounder said:

Kinda like last night! Man the kid in Greeneville is fast! They said he was going to play baseball.

It would be his first year doing it if he did since Gudger didn't play baseball last year.  Crazy thing is he has a 3.6 GPA and a 27 on his ACT and no real offers yet.  He placed 12th in the 100 meter last spring with a 11.07 100 (Stevens #3 for Greeneville placed 4th with a 10.75 ) .  He is 5"8 180lb so a lot of colleges are over looking him it seems.  Could see him being a great slot WR if they are worried about his size.

3 hours ago, Haydiboy said:

If you guys can stop the run  and keep bishop limited the Wildcats can win this regional match up. Believe the Wildcats can go 5-5 this year and sneak into the playoffs  and will have either 3 or 4 spot and will likely either play rhea County or mcminn county

I think I disagree but I could be wrong. If OR beats Karns and Campbell County and is beaten or wins over DB they will be 4 - 6 or 5 - 5, and EARN NOT SNEAK into a Second Place Region finish. The DB game is actually meaningless if OR beats Karns and CCHS.

I have no idea who they would play in the playoffs so I will go with what you said.

Best of luck to your team!

RWR!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, catswild said:

This game will be won or lost by the OR offense. If they can control the ball and keep Bishop off the field, that will be the key. The OR defense doesn't need to stay on the field all night long and be expected to contain the nation's leading rusher. This will be a very interesting match up

No offense but I hope the OR defense is the key to a victory. I thrust our Defense more than the offense.

You are right this will be a very interesting match up. I sure hope the Cats take Karns seriously.