Battle of the Boro

TomLHS

Would first like to tip my cap Coach Kriesky and his staff. When he was named HC, he inherited a mess, largely bc of his predecessor. 5 years in, theyve gone 44-22, winning 17 out of their last 20 and established themselves as one of the top 5-7 teams in 6A, great job by their staff.

That all being said, this is a game where Riverdale will need to empty their playbook with the chance to steal a possession or 2.

No doubt Riverdale has a good defense, you don't give up 3-4 ppg by accident, but they havent faced an offense with the kind of talent Oakland rolls out there and I don't believe their offense poses the kind of threat like CPA and LA do. I'll be interested to see how they gameplan for Oakland, load up to stop the run or bracket Horton and keep him from beating them like he did last year.

I do think Riverdale has narrowed the gap between them and Oakland. I think it plays out alot like last year, Riverdale keeps it close for a little while but Oakland's playmakers rise to the top. Oakland 31-14

Edited by MidTennFootball

3 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

Would first like to tip my cap Coach Kriesky and his staff. When he was named HC, he inherited a mess, largely bc of his predecessor. 5 years in, theyve gone 44-22, winning 17 out of their last 20 and established themselves as one of the top 5-7 teams in 6A, great job by their staff.

That all being said, this is a game where Riverdale will need to empty their playbook with the chance to steal a possession or 2.

No doubt Riverdale has a good defense, you don't give up 3-4 ppg by accident, but they havent faced an offense with the kind of talent Oakland rolls out there and I don't believe their offense poses the kind of threat like CPA and LA do. I'll be interested to see how they gameplay for Oakland, load up to stop the run or bracket Horton and keep him from beating them like he did last year.

I do think Riverdale has narrowed the gap between them and Oakland. I think it plays out alot like last year, Riverdale keeps it close for a little while but Oakland's playmakers rise to the top. Oakland 31-14

You make a good case, but I sure hope you are wrong.

I’ve seen both Riverdale and Oakland play against Blackman this year. That’s a small sample size but it looks like Riverdale’s offense is not quite where Oakland’s is. The Riverdale defense will really have to step up to keep them in it. Riverdale has a great defense but I think it’s too much in the end. 
Oakland by 10

6 minutes ago, JRB said:

Any let down for Oakland?  I understand the history and rivalry however playing back to back games against 2 top 10 teams and preserving W's on game ending drives I would think is emotionally and physically draining for most high schoolers.

They weren't back to back. Oakland has alot of things at stake outside of just winning a rivalry game and this no different than a tough stretch in the playoffs, I expect their play to reflect that Friday.

I think it's more of a question if Riverdale can rise to the challenge while being on cruise control against an average schedule

13 hours ago, MidTennFootball said:

I think it's more of a question if Riverdale can rise to the challenge while being on cruise control against an average schedule

My feelings exactly.  Riverdale simply hasn't faced the challenges Oakland has this year.  I think that Oakland team is pretty salty right now.