Trenton v Huntingdon

horse

2 minutes ago, vandyfan1 said:

You don’t think it will be close? Seriously 

I agree with a previous poster and think the tide will win by 14. Or maybe more. I think Trenton is better defensively than Westview and more versatile on offense. Not necessarily better on offense than Westview but more versatile meaning they can run and pass. Seams like the Stanks did a good job shutting down the Westview ground game. They may slow that down but won’t stop it. With Westview passing the ball so much the game slowed down because the clock was stopping more. I think with the added rushing in this game the clock will stay moving and Trenton probably won’t have time to extend the lead past 2 tds if the Stanks don’t turn the ball over. 

Huntingdon will definitely be motivated, to say the least. There is an added “umph” when one plays with a chip on their shoulder, plus the rivalry factor, school pride, & all that. Will it be enough to stop The Tide’s tsunami & winning streak? Trenton went to UC & stopped their streak a few years back in that epic game, they stopped the streak Dresden had a few years back.. but WHO will stop Peabody’s streak? Playing from atop the mountain with a target on your back is a mindset & sports culture unto itself.. this has the makings of a game of games, one that’ll be talked about for awhile. A blowout? A triple OT last play heroics to win by 1? Time will tell. Bet it’s an overflow crowd! Good luck to both, may both teams play mistake free & flawless ball with zero injuries.. then there’s no if’s, and’s, but’s, would of’s, could of’s, should of’s, etc., et al, ad nauseum. A potentially epic game indeed! 

3 hours ago, HevyReturns said:

Huntingdon will definitely be motivated, to say the least. There is an added “umph” when one plays with a chip on their shoulder, plus the rivalry factor, school pride, & all that. Will it be enough to stop The Tide’s tsunami & winning streak? Trenton went to UC & stopped their streak a few years back in that epic game, they stopped the streak Dresden had a few years back.. but WHO will stop Peabody’s streak? Playing from atop the mountain with a target on your back is a mindset & sports culture unto itself.. this has the makings of a game of games, one that’ll be talked about for awhile. A blowout? A triple OT last play heroics to win by 1? Time will tell. Bet it’s an overflow crowd! Good luck to both, may both teams play mistake free & flawless ball with zero injuries.. then there’s no if’s, and’s, but’s, would of’s, could of’s, should of’s, etc., et al, ad nauseum. A potentially epic game indeed! 

You can post a long post that makes sense 

• Upvote 1

Do think Peabody’s passing game could give Huntingdon some trouble. This one will be tough. I do think Peabody is due to lose one because they have won 100 in a row and sometimes you get a little complacent. I am picking Peabody by 7 but honestly I think this one is a coin flip. Either way I think this will be the game that gets Peabody playing more like they are capable.