Trenton v Huntingdon

horse

2 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

You would think Trenton will be ready to play a competitive game but will it take them awhile to get going since they haven’t been pushed since when LC?

Correct ! Them Lake Boys came out playing inspired emotional ball, when we got our feet under us we took over, Lake is so young and they seem to be playing up or down to their competition!

6 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

From their past banter if they was confident we would be hearing it , loudly, I think by now most of them have realized the lines and linebackers Trenton has is a bit intimidating to say the least ! And we are very balanced on offense and have a stinging Defense, Stangs are a really good team,one dimensional true, but, that one dimension is great! I do believe there is many ways Peabody wins this and one way Huntingdon does ! 

I agree. They are fast but I don’t see them breaking long runs for tds with Trentons speed in secondary. They will have to methodically run the ball down the field and that will be tough on y’all’s defense.

46 minutes ago, Bulldog89 said:

Are they that confident or fearing a beat down?

Mustangs are always confident and I don’t remember any Mustang team being fearful. I won’t speak for any of the other posters but I know what kind of team Peabody is. You have to respect 44 games in a row. I feel more confident as the season goes on about this group. There isn’t much else to say about what Huntingdon does and I don’t see that changing this week. Put more blockers in a hole than there are tacklers and let Hutcherson and Wood make a cut. 2 1000 yd rushers in a backfield speaks for itself. Huntingdon has to make some stops and have to capitalize when they do. Can not get in 3rd and long often. Especially deep in our own side of the field.

6 minutes ago, Waker said:

Mustangs are always confident and I don’t remember any Mustang team being fearful. I won’t speak for any of the other posters but I know what kind of team Peabody is. You have to respect 44 games in a row. I feel more confident as the season goes on about this group. There isn’t much else to say about what Huntingdon does and I don’t see that changing this week. Put more blockers in a hole than there are tacklers and let Hutcherson and Wood make a cut. 2 1000 yd rushers in a backfield speaks for itself. Huntingdon has to make some stops and have to capitalize when they do. Can not get in 3rd and long often. Especially deep in our own side of the field.

Yea you should be confident. Y’all have a good team. Never know how it will play out. I agree y’all definitely need to stay ahead of the chains.

2 hours ago, Wediditagain said:

Good assessment

I will be amazed if it’s like some are saying with a 21-7 halftime score. I honestly don’t see how people don’t think this will be a close game. I could be wrong. I think the streak is in more jeopardy now than it has been all year. I think Huntingdon matches up pretty well against the Tide. I have learned the hard way when it comes to betting against Jacob’s. The mustangs blitz will be a huge factor in this game especially as much as they do it. It will either make them or break them. Trentons running back will do what he does. The kid is fun to watch. So many variables in this game. I just hope at the end both teams come out healthy cause both have a shot to represent the West this year. Huntingdon rematch with Westview is going to be a good one (will be a better game than the semifinals) and Trenton and McKenzie is going to be an awesome game also(my semifinals pick).

12 hours ago, Wediditagain said:

Okay West Carrol, you will see for yourself when you come to T-town.  Both kids played 2A last year.  Who won Mr. Football?  Just saying

So you think winning Mr football makes him better? Lmao now that's hilarious. Being the benefactor of a GREAT offensive line doesn't necessarily make you good. Pretty sure my 5 year old coulda got at least 800 yards with that line last year. Hes not even the best Ganaway brother but go on. 

11 hours ago, Bulldog89 said:

I agree. They are fast but I don’t see them breaking long runs for tds with Trentons speed in secondary. They will have to methodically run the ball down the field and that will be tough on y’all’s defense.

I've been surprised by how many long runs the Mustangs have had this season. We couldn't house it against Westview. They pretty well ran us down and we broke quit a few plays. Trenton is gonna run us down also so we're going to have to grind it out. That's Mustang football. If Huntingdon hangs on to the football this should be a very close game.

• Upvote 1

Like it was mentioned in an earlier post, the Mustangs cannot get themselves in 3rd and long situations. When we were forced to pass against Westview in 3rd and long situations, it didn't end well. Not downing our QB at all. He's a special talent. Don't turn the ball over and we have a shot at keeping this close with a shot to win at the end. Paul Ward will be jumping Friday night! Super excited we get to host a respected program like Peabody. 

19 minutes ago, MiddleAgedMustang said:

Like it was mentioned in an earlier post, the Mustangs cannot get themselves in 3rd and long situations. When we were forced to pass against Westview in 3rd and long situations, it didn't end well. Not downing our QB at all. He's a special talent. Don't turn the ball over and we have a shot at keeping this close with a shot to win at the end. Paul Ward will be jumping Friday night! Super excited we get to host a respected program like Peabody. 

If I was a betting man the defensive game plan will be to sell out on the run and force Huntingdon to throw