Trenton v Huntingdon

horse

Just now, sportsnutz said:

Westview has already beaten us. This is a game of matchups and everyone said all week that our team matched up much better with what Trenton does well than how we do with Westview.

Make no mistake, Westview is still the team to beat in 2A

I get it and wasn’t aware you all had played… What week was that?

11 minutes ago, Waker said:

Peabody players walked through the crowd of Mustang players and fans on the field and  told Huntingdon players good game and gave several hugs. Pretty dang classy to do that after a tough battle. 

Great game by the Mustangs. 

I saw the same thing. Also saw Ganaway in tears as I was coming down to the field and felt like I had to say something to him. I told him keep his head up, cuz he had a HECK of a game. And Trenton ain't done yet.

Hats off to them. That is a dangerous football team. They are who I expected them to be. So happy that the Mustangs were able to rise to the occasion. Hopefully this win gives them the confidence to make a deep playoff run.

All you Peabody folks, nothing but respect from our side for the team you guys have. Good luck the rest of the year.. The streak may be over, but you still have a FOURTH CONSECUTIVE state title to go win.

1 minute ago, vandyfan1 said:

Nope they had a false start! Lol but I agree with the rest of your statement.

And fumble that cost us 15 yards. And TWO offsides on kickoffs.. other than that, though... Lol.

Super proud of this team. Huntingdon fans have been waiting a long time to see our team play such a complete football game from start to finish. That's why I say this Trenton team has nothing to be upset about here. They just ran into us on one of the best nights of football we have played in years.

Huntingdon used these two weeks off to find more depth on defense. I hope Eddie Woods shoulder isn’t hurt too bad. He made a huge difference tonight. Great team effort tonight. I’ve said for two weeks I wouldn’t want to be the team to come to Huntingdon following a loss, but that if any team could withstand it it would be Peabody. The Baskerville kid and #3 are animals on defense for the Tide. Great bounce back game for the Huntingdon d backfield and also QB Mr. Eubanks. When I heard BPM was attending the game as a Tide fan I knew Trenton was behind the 8 ball. Good game and safe travels.

6 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

I saw the same thing. Also saw Ganaway in tears as I was coming down to the field and felt like I had to say something to him. I told him keep his head up, cuz he had a HECK of a game. And Trenton ain't done yet.

Hats off to them. That is a dangerous football team. They are who I expected them to be. So happy that the Mustangs were able to rise to the occasion. Hopefully this win gives them the confidence to make a deep playoff run.

All you Peabody folks, nothing but respect from our side for the team you guys have. Good luck the rest of the year.. The streak may be over, but you still have a FOURTH CONSECUTIVE state title to go win.

Ganaway just don’t go down. He fights for every yard. Peabody has the biggest team in 1a I’ve seen in quite a while. Big tall boys all over the field.

Just now, Waker said:

Ganaway just don’t go down. He fights for every yard. Peabody has the biggest team in 1a I’ve seen in quite a while. Big tall boys all over the field.

Absolutely. He is so shifty, and when he decides to go, he's gone. And for a small guy, he can put his head down and initiate the contact. I was definitely impressed with him more than I already was coming into the game.

The only thing I was surprised by in this game was Huntingdon's ability to impose their will in the 2nd half. Especially with those big bodies on Trenton's side. They sold out against the run on the first series. Then Huntingdon completed a few passes to keep them at least somewhat honest on defense. Then we started getting it rolling on the ground in the 2nd half. Eating up yards and clock on every drive.

3 of Trenton's 4 TD's came on BIG plays. They only had two sustained drives where they methodically moved the ball down field and one of those ended in a turnover on downs inside the Huntingdon 5. In hindsight that stop on defense probably sealed the deal in this game. Considering the gameflow and the opponent, this was a really good game for the defense as well. Once Trenton got to the point they had to pass to move the ball quickly, Huntingdon pinned their ears back and got some real pressure on the QB, forcing quick throws and incompletions and ultimately the INT that ended any shot Trenton had at a comeback.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

If McKenzie beats Fayetteville they will win state I think. That’s just my opinion. You can’t ever count out Peabody and coach Jacob’s. But Peabody won that game against that Memphis team you speak of because they didn’t give up! Don’t try and take that from those kids!

I don’t know I still think Trenton is better than McKenzie.  I think this mustang team beats mckenzie right now.  This mustang team has improved as much as any time in a season as I have seen in a while.  Great job by the coaching staff this season.  This team has great chemistry and leadership!  Hats off to Trenton on an amazing winning streak!

32 minutes ago, sportsnutz said:

Trenton needed that loss, IMO. I think it will help them down the road and get them refocused. Congratulations to Huntingdon on a heck of a game. They are the most physical team I have seen all year. Keep your head up Peabody. Thought you guys were going to pull it out until the pick. Huntingdon announcer when I left stadium said that they had the second longest streak in nation if I am not mistaken. Unbelievable run and you still got a good shot at another Gold Ball.

1 hour ago, vandyfan1 said:

If McKenzie beats Fayetteville they will win state I think. That’s just my opinion. You can’t ever count out Peabody and coach Jacob’s. But Peabody won that game against that Memphis team you speak of because they didn’t give up! Don’t try and take that from those kids!

not taking it from the kids...great win...but that had to be the only time in the history of football that a team got in the the victory formation....and lost....but that's history...Peabody will be fine...talented and well coached...