Betsy @ Volunteer

lawnman

4 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

I'm more interested in seeing if we can get a game for our off week. Heard Tom Taylor mention Hanpton again but I doubt that will happen but either way hoping to get that 10th game. 

The Cyclones are hitting high gear right now. It seems like the ball is being spread around and you’re  playing into maturity on both sides of the line. After the COVID hit, I would think Hampton would jump on the opportunity to play up against a quality opponent.

Edited by noonesfool

6 hours ago, noonesfool said:

The Cyclones are hitting high gear right now. It seems like the ball is being spread around and you’re  playing into maturity on both sides of the line. After the COVID hit, I would think Hampton would jump on the opportunity to play up against a quality opponent.

That's the thing. These two teams, according toywhich fans you ask, say it should have happened but A. Witten doesnt want to play. B. Hampton doesn't want to play. C. EHS will only play at home. I've seen all 3 reason for why they haven't come to an agreement but honestly who knows. It'd be the biggest game in the county by far as both have loyal fan bases. 

5 hours ago, EHSTrack06 said:

That's the thing. These two teams, according toywhich fans you ask, say it should have happened but A. Witten doesnt want to play. B. Hampton doesn't want to play. C. EHS will only play at home. I've seen all 3 reason for why they haven't come to an agreement but honestly who knows. It'd be the biggest game in the county by far as both have loyal fan bases. 

If I might venture a guess.....    Hampton has everything to gain and nothing to lose, while Elizabethton has nothing to gain and everything to lose.      If Hampton wins they beat a much bigger school, if Elizabethton wins well they SHOULD beat a much smaller school.           Every couple of years someone will start a "Why doesn't DB play Hampton?" and it's for the same reason.          Just a thought.............

7 minutes ago, blazer1set said:

In case you guys haven't noticed, this is not your grandfather's Volunteer team.     The Falcons are capable of putting some points on the board.      Not saying they will beat Elizabethton, but I predict that Elizabethton doesn't win by more than 40...

Volunteer has improved some what and I think they’ll score a touch down or two.  Cyclones 21+

Edited by Romansfive8

Elizabethton 49-13. Elizabethton will only play a team that will come to Elizabethton and they can beat easy. Alcoa wanted to play them this past week which was an off week for Elizabethton until covid hit Rhea county so unless the stars lineup no game the 22nd but it is 100% EHS fault they did not have 10 games in July.