Mcminn County at Walker Valley

Martymcfly

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 hours ago, Rockytopmojo7 said:

Then you can’t really say talent is the average. It’s not (in regards to WV history).  WV has a ton of speed. 

And let’s not get carried away. None of this is personal. Just because I feel we need to run the ball more doesn’t mean WV folk want Akins gone. I just believe running the ball will help QB play as Lay is currently always facing 5 dbs. The program as a whole is definitely a lot better thanks to the admin, coaches, and parents… no doubt about it! 

Pope was special and was coached by his brother from peewee through high school. Great kid and family. Lay is a great athlete. He is a first year varsity starter at QB, and I just feel he’s being asked to do too much. Also great kid and family.

As far as Jackson is concerned. We are in agreement. I think they moved him to wr to get him the ball more in space. He touched the ball 4 times last night on offense. 

I think we agree on most of what we are saying.
One clarification is that my comment on average talent is compared to 5A teams (and other teams on their schedule), not historical WV teams.  They have already exceeded the win total for the average WV team. 

They probably could get more games with 3A & 4A  schools & have more wins, but they schedule Bradley & Cleveland for various reasons, including the gate, but also to show the kids where they want to be. 

Edited by FootballFan51