SP @ Sale Creek (Family Stone & Heath Barkley Grider vs that Cox man)

Southtowner

8 hours ago, powerp said:

If Gio ever returns, he will provide big help going into the playoffs. The Davis/Huntley D tackle combo would be tough for most people in playoffs. 

8 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

Huntley alone is tough, put them both together and it will be a nightmare for most teams.

Yes Huntley has been my most impressive defensively the past couple years.  Also, the improvement and addition of 64 Riley Taylor I believe has helped tremendously.  You add Gio in that mix and that becomes 3 really good DL’s.  Starkey on the end has been a most improved IMO and Peacock on the other end has had some big games.  Our defense might give up some yardage at times but they have me along nicely as the season has progressed.  It really hurt missing those Covid games.  If we keep moving in the direction we’ve been then we will be just fine by playoffs.  

On 10/14/2021 at 8:40 AM, SaleCreekFootball said:

Game will kickoff at 8:00 Eastern / 7:00 Central. 

I remember playing at Sale Creek in baseball back in the early 90’s.  At the time I deemed that infield as having the most rocks than any other field in the TriState area.   It was rough.  They have come a long ways.  Be proud of what you guys have now.  

19 minutes ago, PiRaTe._.MiKe said:

I remember playing at Sale Creek in baseball back in the early 90’s.  At the time I deemed that infield as having the most rocks than any other field in the TriState area.   It was rough.  They have come a long ways.  Be proud of what you guys have now.  

The light poles inside the outfield fence, kids shooting BB guns at you from centerfield, and dragging the field with a blue Ford pickup we’re nice touches.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Drove by City yesterday, they have your flag & busted cannon behind the stadium with a tombstone for Sgt. Southtowner. I had forgotten they took no prisoners.

Sgt Southtowner is still in Cookeville looking around and wondering what happened.  

HopefulConsciousBlackfish-max-1mb.gif

I look for him to return in some form or fashion.