Gallatin travels to Beech

eers

Just as an outside observer, I expect this to be a tight game.  It looks like most Beech fans have already chalked this up as a win.  That would probably be an indicator of how the Beech players feel  also.  That could be poison.  On the other hand, many Gallatin fans have written off the Wave.  What is the mentality of the players?  Does Gallatin have an advantage at the line of scrimmage?  Beech may have an advantage as far as D1 skill position players, but I can't imagine that Gallatin doesn't have some athletes in the secondary and backfield.  What effect will the weather play on this game?  I think there are lots of questions that will be decided on Friday night.  It looks like a Beech win, but........... 

1 hour ago, eers said:

I thought some of you guys may have something to add coming off of two wins. 

I'll be there pulling for them, but they have been very underwhelming to what the standard needs to be. We had a certain standard to play up to when we were there. Would like to see that again at some point. Tomorrow would be a good time to start. 

2 hours ago, 13sports said:

Just as an outside observer, I expect this to be a tight game.  It looks like most Beech fans have already chalked this up as a win.  That would probably be an indicator of how the Beech players feel  also.  That could be poison.  On the other hand, many Gallatin fans have written off the Wave.  What is the mentality of the players?  Does Gallatin have an advantage at the line of scrimmage?  Beech may have an advantage as far as D1 skill position players, but I can't imagine that Gallatin doesn't have some athletes in the secondary and backfield.  What effect will the weather play on this game?  I think there are lots of questions that will be decided on Friday night.  It looks like a Beech win, but........... 

I think it will be close for a while, but Beech pulls away in the second half. 

1 hour ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'll be there pulling for them, but they have been very underwhelming to what the standard needs to be. We had a certain standard to play up to when we were there. Would like to see that again at some point. Tomorrow would be a good time to start. 

I think it has been so long since that was the standard or the expectation that most of the current players haven’t seen it. This will probably ruffle some feathers, but in year three I don’t see the program being better off than when Williams was there. The argument could be made that it’s worse. 

46 minutes ago, eers said:

I think it has been so long since that was the standard or the expectation that most of the current players haven’t seen it. This will probably ruffle some feathers, but in year three I don’t see the program being better off than when Williams was there. The argument could be made that it’s worse. 

Guess that means I'm getting old. We were there in 2011, last team to beat Beech, Oakland, Brentwood, Hville, & others all in the same year. Different staff than the 2 you have mentioned though. Under that staff, the community would scorn him over anything less than 8-2. 

8 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Guess that means I'm getting old. We were there in 2011, last team to beat Beech, Oakland, Brentwood, Hville, & others all in the same year. Different staff than the 2 you have mentioned though. Under that staff, the community would scorn him over anything less than 8-2. 

That means the current plates were 4-8 years old. There’s no memory of it. The kids hear the stories, but they never experienced it. The tradition of Gallatin is no longer going to pull Gallatin out of this, the coaching staff is going to have to. There’s plenty of talent, I’ve seen it myself. Perhaps they got things turned around a couple games ago…

Ill stick with my 3 score prediction. I look for Beech's offensive to carry the momentum from the 2nd half last week. Gallatin is coming off two wins, but against teams that havent had much success this year. Im suprised this game hasnt been moved. Looks like its going to be a mess tonight.

9 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

Remember that year, Hville went 6-4 in the regular season then beat Springfield, Gallatin, and Beech in the playoffs before losing to eventual state champ Henry County. Good luck to both teams tonight, hopefully the storms don’t get too bad.  I will be at Heywood Stadium on the Baylor campus to see the Raiders and the Commandos. 

24 minutes ago, mondo44 said:

Remember that year, Hville went 6-4 in the regular season then beat Springfield, Gallatin, and Beech in the playoffs before losing to eventual state champ Henry County. Good luck to both teams tonight, hopefully the storms don’t get too bad.  I will be at Heywood Stadium on the Baylor campus to see the Raiders and the Commandos. 

Spent a week on that campus this summer, its ridiculously nice.