Gallatin travels to Beech

eers

12 hours ago, thegreatone36 said:

I'll be there pulling for them, but they have been very underwhelming to what the standard needs to be. We had a certain standard to play up to when we were there. Would like to see that again at some point. Tomorrow would be a good time to start. 

Football was different tho back in those days. The forward pass was just making its appearance with the leather helmets as well. 

1 hour ago, mondo44 said:

Remember that year, Hville went 6-4 in the regular season then beat Springfield, Gallatin, and Beech in the playoffs before losing to eventual state champ Henry County. Good luck to both teams tonight, hopefully the storms don’t get too bad.  I will be at Heywood Stadium on the Baylor campus to see the Raiders and the Commandos. 

Mondo I was only talking about the wins, not the losses! :lol: That Hville loss in the playoffs STILL stings all these years later after winning 35-10 in a game we were up 35-3 @ the half.

To come back just 4 weeks later and lose lopsided in that playoff game teached us all a big lesson in life about overlooking your opponent. 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:49 PM, eers said:

Beech comes into this one off of a good second half at to come from behind and beat a solid Springfield team in the road. The offense has been up and down, but the defense has played pretty well all year.

Gallatin has underachieved based on preseason expectations, but is riding a two game win streak.

Beech is certainly the favorite coming into the game and it kind of feels like a “must win” for Gallatin, as they have to win two of the next three games to avoid a losing season.

Thoughts?

Disagree this is a "must win" for Gallatin. In my opinion, this game determines 2nd vs 3rd place in the region. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a "must-win" if Gallatin wants a home playoff game, but otherwise, I don't think there's much difference between a 3-6, 4-5, or 5-4 season. All three suck. 

As for the actual game result, I think Beech wins relatively easily. I know Beech is down this year, but Gallatin is simply bad. Beating a bad Cookeville team and a bad Rossview team in their last two games doesn't change that fact. 

I predict Gallatin finishes the season by losing to Beech, losing to Lebanon, and beating Clarksville. They'll be 4-5 and finish in 3rd place in the region. In the first round of the playoffs, they will travel to the winner of the 10/29 Smyrna/Overton game. Gallatin will likely lose that first round game...but even if they win, they'll get rewarded with another butt whippin' at the hands of the Commandos in the second round. Just my two cents.

But hey...you never know what'll happen until they play the games! High school kids are more prone than your average athlete to over or under performing any given Friday.

49 minutes ago, Shawshank said:

Disagree this is a "must win" for Gallatin. In my opinion, this game determines 2nd vs 3rd place in the region. Nothing more, nothing less. It's a "must-win" if Gallatin wants a home playoff game, but otherwise, I don't think there's much difference between a 3-6, 4-5, or 5-4 season. All three suck. 

As for the actual game result, I think Beech wins relatively easily. I know Beech is down this year, but Gallatin is simply bad. Beating a bad Cookeville team and a bad Rossview team in their last two games doesn't change that fact. 

I predict Gallatin finishes the season by losing to Beech, losing to Lebanon, and beating Clarksville. They'll be 4-5 and finish in 3rd place in the region. In the first round of the playoffs, they will travel to the winner of the 10/29 Smyrna/Overton game. Gallatin will likely lose that first round game...but even if they win, they'll get rewarded with another butt whippin' at the hands of the Commandos in the second round. Just my two cents.

But hey...you never know what'll happen until they play the games! High school kids are more prone than your average athlete to over or under performing any given Friday.

I’m not sure 4-5 and a first round playoff loss saves Watson’s job. Rumor is he may be on the hot seat, but I have also heard the administration is content with how things are “progressing” (if you can use that word at 4-5). That’s what I meant by “must win”. A 6-3 record (meaning win out) and a first round playoff win should silence all those rumors. 

1 hour ago, eers said:

I’m not sure 4-5 and a first round playoff loss saves Watson’s job. Rumor is he may be on the hot seat, but I have also heard the administration is content with how things are “progressing” (if you can use that word at 4-5). That’s what I meant by “must win”. A 6-3 record (meaning win out) and a first round playoff win should silence all those rumors. 

Gonna be be hard to justify having a quick trigger on Watson when they gave his predecessor 7 years. Unless things go horribly wrong, coaches should be given 4 years

15 minutes ago, MidTennFootball said:

Gonna be be hard to justify having a quick trigger on Watson when they gave his predecessor 7 years. Unless things go horribly wrong, coaches should be given 4 years

Define horribly wrong… lol

9-2 with predecessor’s seniors

6-7 the next year 

most likely 4-6 this year

Trending the wrong way to me, but as a Beech guy, it doesn’t bother me too much…

Edited by eers