HV comes to cland

THE KING

3 hours ago, THE KING said:

:lol:I'm 44 years old and would be nationally ranked against that competition.  Not taking away from the kids accomplishment but it takes 11 and I'm afraid all 11 will be sore after Friday night 

We've got one averaging close to 20 tackles a game...not heard nor seen a thing about it anywhere. Reckon who keeps Unaka's stat sheet? May have to recruit him Lol 

10 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

We've got one averaging close to 20 tackles a game...not heard nor seen a thing about it anywhere. Reckon who keeps Unaka's stat sheet? May have to recruit him Lol 

Would think the media would keep stats, if coaches or parents kept um, they could just pad the stat sheet anyway they want to. I do think kids deserve to be recognized for accomplishments.

11 hours ago, uknoit2 said:

Birchfield kid has some crazy rushing #s but they are not listed in the press, he more than likely leads this area in rushing. Has to be one of the very top in 1a.

1 hour ago, pujo said:

Birchfield kid has some crazy rushing #s but they are not listed in the press, he more than likely leads this area in rushing. Has to be one of the very top in 1a.

Yeah He probably has about 1600 yards on the year and over 20tds. My brother in law should be able to add them up.

3 hours ago, pujo said:

Would think the media would keep stats, if coaches or parents kept um, they could just pad the stat sheet anyway they want to. I do think kids deserve to be recognized for accomplishments.

I had kept them for years and turned them in. Not one time did any press have a clue. Just not had the time to keep up with stats last couple years 

12 minutes ago, uknoit2 said:

I had kept them for years and turned them in. Not one time did any press have a clue. Just not had the time to keep up with stats last couple years 

Not saying this to you I would expect you to be honest.LOL

I know years ago we had a parent keep stats and if his kid was near a pile or got a hand on a kid he either got it or "Half" of it.Then another parent called him out and well it cost some friendships.I also remember a team we play ALOT in the playoffs back in 2013 turned in some gaudy numbers for a few Defenders In the two games we played them me and one of the coaches watched both games together and counted tackles and 1 of the players didnt even have a solo tackle in 1 game and turned in 5 and the other game was off by 6 tackles on the same player and he was an All State player at years end.Its hard to get a neutral party to do it but that's the way I would prefer.

Edited by orngnblk

5 minutes ago, orngnblk said:

Not saying this to you I would expect you to be honest.LOL

I know years ago we had a parent keep stats and if his kid was near a pile or got a hand on a kid he either got it or "Half" of it.Then another parent called him out and well it cost some friendships.I also remember a team we play ALOT in the playoffs back in 2013 turned in some gaudy numbers for a few Defenders In the two games we played them me and one of the coaches watched both games together and counted tackles and 1 of the players didnt even have a solo tackle in 1 game and turned in 5 and the other game was off by 6 tackles on the same player and he was an All State player at years end.Its hard to get a neutral party to do it but that's the way I would prefer.

I've seen some very elevated stats.

2 hours ago, pujo said:

Yeah press don't even get the names right lots of times.

Aint that the truth Lol

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

I've seen padding of stats go on uncountable times in this neck of the woods! Still going on too

2 hours ago, pujo said:

I've seen some very elevated stats.

Yep! Clearly evident still. 

When watching film and recording stats, If anything, I didn't assign a tackle or reception or yard gained if it wasn't clear on film. I can't imagine being like some parents that claim they keep stats during a game! IMPOSSIBLE!