UC Travels to Camden

BigSwoShow

The Tornadoes try to rebound after their loss to West View as they go on the road to Camden to play the Lions. UC has had 2 weeks to get ready for this game so they should be prepared. The only thing for me is that I don’t like having that week off. I know we needed to get some guys healthy and work on some things but we always seem to come out a little flat after that week off. However, we usually get things rolling again after a series or two. I don’t know much about Camden so any input would be appreciated. What say you?

4 hours ago, vandyfan1 said:

UC should win by about 21 points or more. Camden is really down this year.

wish this mad me mad but it is just the truth.  We showed signs of life Vs Fairview.  We got down 14 zip and took a 16-14 lead went into half 22-16 and that held until about 3 minutes left in the game.  I doubt Fairview has fallen off that much and they had size, speed and large numbers on the sideline.

Edited by Beagle

2 hours ago, Beagle said:

wish this mad me mad but it is just the truth.  We showed signs of life Vs Fairview.  We got down 14 zip and took a 16-14 lead went into half 22-16 and that held until about 3 minutes left in the game.  I doubt Fairview has fallen off that much and they had size, speed and large numbers on the sideline.

How would you compare Waverly and Fairview ? You have seen them both.

When Camden got out of the Flex Bone and got back to running the Single Wing they instantly got better because they are now able to mount success on the offensive side of the football and shorten the game by chewing up the clock.  They are much better than their 1-5 record suggests. 

• Waverly is very good. 
  • Camden lost their former QB after the Waverly game and then lost their current QB the day before the McEwen game.  They are already think and trying to play against McEwen without a QB really killed their chances of winning that contest.  I honestly believe they would beat McEwen if the two teams played tonight.
  • Martin-Westview is very good.
  • Parsons-Riverside is very good.
  • Fairview is very good.  
  • Union City will be very good.

They beat Houston County very convincingly.  The game was well in hand throughout the contest.  They won 64-48 but they were up by 3 scores for the majority of the contest.  

I'll be eager to see how their new/improved offensive approach fares for them against Union City and Gibson County.  Coach McConnell, Coach Wolf and those guys are very good coaches with proven track records.  They should be commended by the way that they've held the team together throughout the season.  They are still playing very hard and competing against very tough competition.  

Good Luck to the Lions this week.  

• Like 1

I understand this Camden team is much better than their record especially after switching their offensive scheme. Some good athletes on field #4 #5 #12 and some good size on the line. UC for sure needs to be prepared for a battle because I know Coach McConnell well and he will have his troops ready. Lots of direct snaps to running backs and pulling linemen with a few counters sprinkled in there to keep defense on its toes. Similar offense scheme to huntingdon. Looks like chances of some good rain too so that should make things interesting. 

Sorry to hear about the QBs going down. It’s tough enough when one goes down let alone two. I’m curious to see if UC has added any wrinkles to their offense. Having two weeks off should allow for a little time to get something done. Defensively, we will have to keep our heads on a swivel to keep up with the misdirection that Camden runs and be quick to the ball. Our linebackers will have to read quickly and respond. Not looking forward to the rain.