AP 1A TOP 10 OCT 11 2021

Southtowner

36 minutes ago, PeabodyPride said:

One Ball isnt a culture!!!!!!! Their other Gold Balls was long ago, changing it to kids being pillars in the community as they become young adults, no coach worth his salt just wins ball games !!!

Said perfectly! I’ve said it many times…LC is a tough place for a new coach! Lots of obstacles other schools don’t understand or don’t deal with in the magnitude we do! Poverty is the number 1 obstacle and if Quinn helps one kids life then football is secondary. I know it sounds unreasonable because if you don’t win as a coach then basically you suck…sometimes you have to see the scope to understand 

2 hours ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Can anybody in the east derail South Pitt from making it back? I know clay co has a good ball club them and Gordonsville should be a intriguing game to end the season with the region on the line

There are several teams that are playing better football that us right now. We are getting better but still got a long way to go. Getting a few key players healthy will directly impact our playoff run.

1 hour ago, Ballout said:

Gordy should definitely be above Clay. Only loss is to a tough TC 2A team. Both Gordy and TC will make it to state IMO. 

Why should Gordy be above Clay at this point when Clay is undefeated and beat the brakes off Cornersville who in return beat Forrest ( top 10 2A) and only loss to City ( #2 1A) by less than a touchdown. 

I’m not bashing your thought.. just curious. 

I won’t  argue the other comments because Gordy could make it to state, but I think your east representative in 2A will be Meigs or Marion.

Edited by H2Oman

5 minutes ago, H2Oman said:

Why should Gordy be above Clay at this point when Clay is undefeated and beat the brakes off Cornersville who in return beat Forrest ( top 10 2A) and only loss to City ( #2 1A) by less than a touchdown. 

Im not bashing your thought.. just curious. 

I want argue the other comments because Gordy could make it to state, but I think your east representative in 2A will be Meigs or Marion.

If you're comparing scores, look how Clay beat Scott Co compared to how Coalfield beat Scott and how Gordonsville beat Coalfield.

You know as well as I do, you can't solely go off of comparing scores, but it can give you an idea. As far as Cornersville, the game with City was a head scratcher. It makes me wonder if City has regressed.

35 minutes ago, piratetom said:

There are several teams that are playing better football that us right now. We are getting better but still got a long way to go. Getting a few key players healthy will directly impact our playoff run.

Maybe a ways to go if your comparing yourself to the three teams in west but your Jimmys and Joes are still better than majority of whats over there in the east. I thinks Gville has the best shot to get you if out of all of them. Clay co really solid but idk if they can play on that stage. 

Just now, croz6110 said:

If you're comparing scores, look how Clay beat Scott Co compared to how Coalfield beat Scott and how Gordonsville beat Coalfield.

You know as well as I do, you can't solely go off of comparing scores, but it can give you an idea. As far as Cornersville, the game with City was a head scratcher. It makes me wonder if City has regressed.

I’m not sure if Clay has had some injuries or just played down or Scott played up, but I do think it’s ludicrous to just assume Gordy should be ranked above Clay right now when Clay is still undefeated.

I do however understand that people would assume Gordy would naturally be better than Clay based off the history of the two programs.

Either way, this will all work itself out in a few weeks. 

Is Gordy a good football team… no doubt, but I also believe Clay is darn good as well!

Just now, H2Oman said:

I’m not sure if Clay has had some injuries or just played down or Scott played up, but I do think it’s ludicrous to just assume Gordy should be ranked above Clay right now when Clay is still undefeated.

I do however understand that people would assume Gordy would naturally be better than Clay based off the history of the two programs.

Either way, this will all work itself out in a few weeks. 

Is Gordy a good football team… no doubt, but I also believe Clay is darn good as well!

Clay hasn't been completely healthy. They've been missing their QB/LB and their best lineman. The lineman has only been out the last couple of weeks. I don't think the QB has played since week 1 or 2. They've been starting a freshman there.

13 minutes ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Maybe a ways to go if your comparing yourself to the three teams in west but your Jimmys and Joes are still better than majority of whats over there in the east. I thinks Gville has the best shot to get you if out of all of them. Clay co really solid but idk if they can play on that stage. 

Only comparing to the east . We’ve got nothing for the west. 

3 hours ago, TheSkipBayless said:

Can anybody in the east derail South Pitt from making it back? I know clay co has a good ball club them and Gordonsville should be a intriguing game to end the season with the region on the line

Gordonsville and Clay are both playing good ball at the moment. Sp has a lot of work to do and a few key players need to get healthy before the playoffs. Right now I would give the edge to Gordonsville for the favorite in the east.