Rockets look to launch the Blaze

Blaze45

To say this has been a challenging season for Blackman is an understatement, The Blaze travel to the Launch Pad at Rockvale to take on a salty Rockvale team. Question is after putting up a good offensive showing against Oakland, can they have that same type of luck with a Rockvale defense who has really stymied some offensive teams. It should be a good game and Blackman has got to play lights out or find themselves sitting at first week home in November. Anybody have any thoughts or predictions?   

7 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Rockvale is a mix from Riverdale, Blackman, and Eagleville.

This is a must win for Tygard and staff. Blackman hasn't missed the playoffs in over a decade.  I predict Blackman wins in a close one.  

I hope your prediction is right. I think the test will come down to who can make a stop or two. Can Blackman stop Rockvales run game, and can Rockvales secondary stop the passing game of Blackman? Should be a good one

Rockvale's best player transferred to Blackman in the off season.  I've seen both teams play this year.  Blackman is bigger, faster, and stronger than Rockvale.  Having said that, Rockvale is a well coached team.  It will be up to Tygard to get the win for the Blaze.  I believe that he can do it.

8 hours ago, Vol9093 said:

Rockvale's best player transferred to Blackman in the off season.  I've seen both teams play this year.  Blackman is bigger, faster, and stronger than Rockvale.  Having said that, Rockvale is a well coached team.  It will be up to Tygard to get the win for the Blaze.  I believe that he can do it.

Rockvale’s most talented player is still at Rockvale. They did lose one of their better players to BHS in the offseason for sure and would like to have him back this year. But for some reason it’s not a position they emphasize much.  Hope he’s shining for the Blaze because he’s a good kid. Blaze stronger and faster? We’ll see. Bigger? Maybe so. Maybe not. Carlton Flatt won a ton of trophies with smaller linemen. That line is good on both sides. Agree with B45, it’s going to come down to the Blaze’s passing game and the Blaze’s defense. Last year Rock’s passing D was not existent. Started that way this year. A light bulb went off about the 2nd game and it’s been much much better. But I can guarantee Rockvale doesn’t play like they’re just glad to be there this year. Should be a good game for sure. 

1 hour ago, SamMojo said:

Rockvale’s most talented player is still at Rockvale. They did lose one of their better players to BHS in the offseason for sure and would like to have him back this year. But for some reason it’s not a position they emphasize much.  Hope he’s shining for the Blaze because he’s a good kid. Blaze stronger and faster? We’ll see. Bigger? Maybe so. Maybe not. Carlton Flatt won a ton of trophies with smaller linemen. That line is good on both sides. Agree with B45, it’s going to come down to the Blaze’s passing game and the Blaze’s defense. Last year Rock’s passing D was not existent. Started that way this year. A light bulb went off about the 2nd game and it’s been much much better. But I can guarantee Rockvale doesn’t play like they’re just glad to be there this year. Should be a good game for sure. 

A lot of good players on both teams. Let's agree that they are equally matched and this will come down to the coaches. Fair?

1 hour ago, jimmycrackedthatcorn said:

Coach Rice was a good coach at Wayne County. He knows how to teach fundamentals and bring the best out of the players. He also has a ring to prove it. 

I couldn't agree more! When Luker hired Rice it was a home run hire. As good as he is a coach, he's an even better human being.  I'd give the coaching advantage to Rockvale and player advantage to Blackman. Should be a heck of a game. 

7 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

I couldn't agree more! When Luker hired Rice it was a home run hire. As good as he is a coach, he's an even better human being.  I'd give the coaching advantage to Rockvale and player advantage to Blackman. Should be a heck of a game. 

I do not know a thing about the Blackman coach but my money is going on Rice for the win.