Rockets look to launch the Blaze

Blaze45

42 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Coach Rice had his team ready to play. Sound and disciplined team. Blackman was not prepared and ready to play. Blackman looked much better week one against Brentwood than they do now. They've actually gotten worse as the season has gone on.  Good luck to both teams going forward. 

But hey, they're scoring points!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 

46 minutes ago, Vol9093 said:

Coach Rice had his team ready to play. Sound and disciplined team. Blackman was not prepared and ready to play. Blackman looked much better week one against Brentwood than they do now. They've actually gotten worse as the season has gone on.  Good luck to both teams going forward. 

It was definitely an exciting game. Honest question. Do you think the pace on offense at this point is too fast even for your younger offensive guys? Seems in the 3rd and 4th they played tired? I know Rockvale’s D was. Saw it a lot on the 2pt conversions especially. Heck I think even the officials were winded. I just think when your guys get older and their legs and conditioning built up the system will make you guys a major player again. Good luck the rest of the way!

28 minutes ago, SamMojo said:

It was definitely an exciting game. Honest question. Do you think the pace on offense at this point is too fast even for your younger offensive guys? Seems in the 3rd and 4th they played tired? I know Rockvale’s D was. Saw it a lot on the 2pt conversions especially. Heck I think even the officials were winded. I just think when your guys get older and their legs and conditioning built up the system will make you guys a major player again. Good luck the rest of the way!

It’s two separate units, Blackman defense is not experienced and not good honestly. Linebackers are small and don’t fight off seals or pay attention to gaps. 

26 minutes ago, SamMojo said:

I don't believe this system will work at the high school level. It works for Pulaski Academy but they are stacked with players. You have to be 2 deep at every position. Great idea, but really hard to execute throughout the course of the season. Probably why they got worse as the season wore on. 

10 minutes ago, arshad221 said:

It’s two separate units, Blackman defense is not experienced and not good honestly. Linebackers are small and don’t fight off seals or pay attention to gaps. 

In my opinion, there are guys playing out of position on defense. 11 should play Mike, 5 should play Will, 90 should play Jack, and 1 should play Sam.