Week 10 - Oak Ridge vs Dobyns - Bennett

CardinalGrey

6 hours ago, FilmCzar said:

Lol not a chance. Have you ever been to J Fred? No question who the boss hog is up there.

I was thinking more about games won and lost, Not the number of fans in the stands. DB packs in over 400 band members and over double that with band parents and grand parents that for the most part don't even know there's a game going on. Then about 500 blue hairs that are only there to be seen. Real fans number about 1,000 a game. Bigger games bring in more fans along with fans from other local schools hoping to see DB get beat. 

7 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I don't know where you've been but DB is not the Big Brother of Upper East Tn. anymore. Little brothers Greenville and Elizabethton have passed them by and ain't looking back, and DB has only beat Science Hill once in the past 7 years. DB has the third best program in Upper East Tn. right now and West Ridge is peeping over the fence. 

There's nothing wrong with D-B football that a highly organized, tightly monitored youth league program couldn't fix. Our grandson is now a junior at D-B, but when he was in the 7th & 8th grade at RNR, TA Dugger crushed them. Those kids from Duggar were head and shoulders better in blocking and tackling and any fundamental you could name. Our kids from that team (as well as JSMS) have gotten better since then, but they were behind when they got to D-B and have been playing catch up ever since. 

19 minutes ago, JDHoss said:

There's nothing wrong with D-B football that a highly organized, tightly monitored youth league program couldn't fix. Our grandson is now a junior at D-B, but when he was in the 7th & 8th grade at RNR, TA Dugger crushed them. Those kids from Duggar were head and shoulders better in blocking and tackling and any fundamental you could name. Our kids from that team (as well as JSMS) have gotten better since then, but they were behind when they got to D-B and have been playing catch up ever since. 

Yeah well we've been saying that for 20 years and it's not one bit better than 20 years ago. 

14 hours ago, WaCoJaCo said:

I was thinking more about games won and lost, Not the number of fans in the stands. DB packs in over 400 band members and over double that with band parents and grand parents that for the most part don't even know there's a game going on. Then about 500 blue hairs that are only there to be seen. Real fans number about 1,000 a game. Bigger games bring in more fans along with fans from other local schools hoping to see DB get beat. 

Sadly, this is fact.

I've noticed this season that in the upper deck where we sit, that it's the higher profile players parents and other D-B coaches that sit up there.  Coach Poore's family has the seats directly in front of us.  Starting QB's family has seats directly below them.

The Jeff County game was quite empty on the D-B side.  Not sure if the fan base just took it for granted and thought it would be a simple win and just didn't show up or what.

53 minutes ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Sadly, this is fact.

I've noticed this season that in the upper deck where we sit, that it's the higher profile players parents and other D-B coaches that sit up there.  Coach Poore's family has the seats directly in front of us.  Starting QB's family has seats directly below them.

The Jeff County game was quite empty on the D-B side.  Not sure if the fan base just took it for granted and thought it would be a simple win and just didn't show up or what.

It would not surprise me if the upper deck @ the Fred was completely empty tonight...