South Pittsburg vs Oakland(stone man and little Grider man against this Creasy man)

Roy Dillard

18 hours ago, TheTruthPrevails said:

We played Etowah Ala in 90 I believe and they beat us 47-7 I think when we won our first title.  They had 2 kids that went to bama and one clemson and one tobauburn I believe.  Ranking wise I would say you are right though.  Good luck.

That was an awesome team. Wasn't Patrick Nix the QB for them then?

We were talking about them on Friday and how they're definitely not the same team as they were back then, but then I realized that was 30 years ago.

• Upvote 1

21 hours ago, CoyDillard said:

Riverdale ain't the Pirates. You boys gonna be eating crow soon and will have to admit the Dillard's is the brain trust of South Pittsburg 

Coy - I aint an Oakland boy, but I have seen them play twice this year. When they light that scoreboard up, you may think John Swafford's store is burning again (I hope your old enough to remember that).

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Coy - I aint an Oakland boy, but I have seen them play twice this year. When they light that scoreboard up, you may think John Swafford's store is burning again (I hope your old enough to remember that).

We know you’re not and likely saw them play Vs Lipscomb and again vs Blackman. I’m old enough to remember John’s store burning and I’m also agreeing with some other posters. Coy knows better. He ain’t a Pirate like he claims. People with half a brain know a lopsided game is coming. Patriots by 49

1 hour ago, CougarDadx2 said:

Actually saw LA & CPA, missed Blackman, our boys were playing same night. I'm afraid you will be disappointed by Oakland travel (they won't bring as many as you would think). It will be a good experience for SP, and maybe Oakland coach wants to show his folks what a "rabid fan base" looks like!?

Yep that what happens when you play in a large county that now has eight 6A programs. Would have been hard enough to get a good number there on a Friday, much less Thursday. Probably will be more people from Jasper than Oakland

5 hours ago, The Drunken Sailor said:

That was an awesome team. Wasn't Patrick Nix the QB for them then?

We were talking about them on Friday and how they're definitely not the same team as they were back then, but then I realized that was 30 years ago.

Yes, Patrick nix, Freddie kitchens and toderick Malone, both went to bama were on that team and a couple others.  Can't remember the rbs name.

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

On 10/16/2021 at 9:25 AM, CoyDillard said:

What kind of mess is this? I ain't from Jasper. I live on the dang mountain. Don't get on here a hoopin and hollerin when we win Friday. Our boys can compete and will beat Oakland by 3 scores.

I ain't jokin either 

You live up on that mountain same as PP68

On 10/16/2021 at 4:27 PM, CoyDillard said:

Daggummit boy I done seen more Pirate football than you will ever see. 1st play was a sack. Stopped them on a fake punt and 1st play on offense was a TD from Hunter to Hunter. 

Sit down and let the adults talk.

I ain't jokin either 

Anyone can get that info, especially NFHS.