Greenback vs Midway.

GFD709SHREK

1 hour ago, GFD709SHREK said:

Greenback has their own destiny in their hands. Have to win out to finish second and secure a home playoff game or go on the road to Cloudland or Unaka. And I’m only doing this cause O and B said he wasn’t. But if he dose I will delete this one. 

Just dont think we will win this one.

1 hour ago, THE KING said:

I think all 4 seeds will be a tough out.  Other than Hampton,  we don't have anyone in our schedule that could beat your 4.  Unicoi might equal your 4th seed.  We always struggle to win that 1st round 

We have no one in our region that will match up with your front line.The first quarter and half of CF/GB I actually thought our front looked better than CFs.We took a big Loudon teams Run game away from them and sacked their QB 4 or 5 times.But I still dont think either of us can whip your boys up front but I do think we both have better athletes than you.CF is the best team in our region and I really think we are a good matchup if we play a clean game but we dont have the leadership to do so.Our region has alot of what ifs the next few weeks to set the seeds.But I do agree our top four could cause problems on the right night.

Edited by orngnblk

2 hours ago, orngnblk said:

We have no one in our region that will match up with your front line.The first quarter and half of CF/GB I actually thought our front looked better than CFs.We took a big Loudon teams Run game away from them and sacked their QB 4 or 5 times.But I still dont think either of us can whip your boys up front but I do think we both have better athletes than you.CF is the best team in our region and I really think we are a good matchup if we play a clean game but we dont have the leadership to do so.Our region has alot of what ifs the next few weeks to set the seeds.But I do agree our top four could cause problems on the right night.

I wish our region was competitive like that.  Unaka has a good record but I hope they don't let that fool them into thinking they will compete against region 2 top 4.  They're not ready yet.  Cland doesn't have a lot of speedsters but Birchfield is a gritty hardnosed running back who is hard to deal with if he gets past the first level.  Gage Mckinney is very fast in open space.  He will keep a secondary honest.  The biggest help for us was getting our big #34 back.  We didn't have him against hampton and boy you could tell.  His blocking on the edge and him plugging the gaps on D is a big point of our success.  The defense is more violent when he's in the game.  One thing about cland is they really hit people in space.  Its been a fun year to watch these boys.  

Obviously Coalfield is the region champs and GB has secured a spot from what I can see. I could be wrong on this but it looks as if it comes down to Harriman, Midway, Oliver Springs, and Oakdale fighting for the last two spots. Harriman wraps the season up against Oakdale next week. Losing would knock us out of contention. If we win then I still don’t know what happens. I don’t like OS chances as they get Midway and Coalfield to close out the season. Midway gets GB this week then closes it out with OS. Oakdale has the toughest road as they close out with us next week then finish the regular season with GB. I would lean towards saying Harriman and Midway get the 3 and 4 spots but a lot of ball left to be played as well as the scenarios that come into play. Oakdale beating Midway earlier in the year really threw things for a loop. Going to be interesting. 

Edited by SportsnetWriter2

4 hours ago, THE KING said:

I think all 4 seeds will be a tough out.  Other than Hampton,  we don't have anyone in our schedule that could beat your 4.  Unicoi might equal your 4th seed.  We always struggle to win that 1st round 

Doubt you get a stiff test until 2ond round. May win that one also but Coalfield looks to be the favorite to go to the semi,s, I'm sure either SP or Gordonsville will steal their thunder.

26 minutes ago, pujo said:

Doubt you get a stiff test until 2ond round. May win that one also but Coalfield looks to be the favorite to go to the semi,s, I'm sure either SP or Gordonsville will steal their thunder.

I agree, I haven't seen South Pitt but Gordonsville was an impressive looking squad.  I wouldn't count Cloudland out of making the semis, they would have home field advantage all the way if they can.

1 hour ago, rtl112 said:

I agree, I haven't seen South Pitt but Gordonsville was an impressive looking squad.  I wouldn't count Cloudland out of making the semis, they would have home field advantage all the way if they can.

Takes an absolute loaded region 1 or 2 team to match up with the best from region 3 or 4. Greenback was able to do it but they were LOADED , don't happen very often.