William Blount travels to Hardin Valley

OrangePylon

WB should take this one. Although they only have 1 win, I think they have improved somewhat throughout the year, but that's just me keeping up with their scores after the games they've played. I haven't been to any of their games to really know, so I could be wrong, but I'll go out on a limb and take WB by 14 in probably a pretty low scoring affair, something like 21-7 or 24-10.

Edited by SweetScience

57 minutes ago, SweetScience said:

WB should take this one. Although they only have 1 win, I think they have improved somewhat throughout the year, but that's just me keeping up with their scores after the games they've played. I haven't been to any of their games to really know, so I could be wrong, but I'll go out on a limb and take WB by 14 in probably a pretty low scoring affair, something like 21-7 or 24-10.

Agree

The game should be very interesting. Bad as both teams are keep in mind WB will be playing against the Twelfth Man ( the officials ) so come early and pick you out a good bad seat on the visitor side because their all bad. Whatever idiot designed that place must of been the school nerd back in his day and never attended a football game before.

The biggest disadvantage for WB is going over to HVA and playing the twelfth man. In all reality WB should be able to win this game but Maryville had a mile of penalties which is very uncommon for a team that is built around discipline. Maryville is the type team that can get hit with a 15 yarder and score the very next play. I'm afraid if the Govs get caught in this type situation they won't pull through as easy. Also concerned if the Govs just want to hurry up and close up shop like the lady at the concession stand. I told my buddy from Dobyns-Bennett that they were mostly all warm blooded animals down here at WB and want to get into that basketball gym before it starts to get cold.

Edited by BarneySox2007
  • Like 2

I think this has the possibility of being a sneaky good game. I think it will obviously be a close game but I wouldn't count this one out. Do they have a ton of firepower on each side of the ball? No, probably not, or their records would reflect it. But neither of these teams have anything to lose. In my experience as a HS football fan, when players have nothing to lose and play with that type of confidence, spectacular things can happen. I would keep an eye on this game with two teams that will fight to the end. Coach Shad and Coach Mike have all of my respect and I can't wait to see who comes out on top. Best of luck to both ball clubs!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, PostingGawd39 said:

The only winners in this one will be the fans when the game is over because it means just 6 days until basketball season. That being said, WB has lost 3 one score games and has a very good QB. Govs win 35-13

I think the QB is very talented. He can become a very good QB. He is learning as he goes.  

• Upvote 1