Dobyns-Bennett at Oak Ridge

TribalEmpire

I’m afraid after the debacle against Karns, our kids might cash it in, but hopefully I’m wrong. I’m pretty sure not all of them will, such as kids like #38 and #33 and the like. It has definitely been a trying season, but hopefully they will try and go out on a high note and still have something to prove. I honestly can’t see us winning though. I got DB by 14+ in this one to even up the all time series between the 2 historic programs.

Edited by SweetScience

I don't think OR will pack it in, they know where they are, but this is a fun game and a win that could help them get out of this season with some momentum for next year, DB probably is a little better, but they have had games they didn't play well like the Jefferson County loss, which I really thought would be a win for them. They also probably have the big game on their schedule after the OR game against Science Hill, who have kind have owned the Indians the last few meetings. 

• Like 1

You know what I hear....Oak Ridge is loaded with talent! Loaded with talent. How can OR be 2-6 and be loaded with talent?

This is a game with 2 of the great all-time winning programs in the state. I expect a good game. DB has locked in to the 2 QB system and it has thru the season, developed 2 inexperienced QB's into accurate and effective passers. Indians have really good WR's and a pretty good Defense. We will see if that is good enough against a team loaded with talent. 

12 minutes ago, LINEDAD said:

You know what I hear....Oak Ridge is loaded with talent! Loaded with talent. How can OR be 2-6 and be loaded with talent?

I'm not an OR fan, but I've seen them play a lot this year. I wouldn't say that they are "loaded" with talent, but they have 2-3 really talented running backs (Jackson and Hundley specifically) and a really good WR in Heyward. They also have a pretty solid front 7 on defense. But all of that doesn't matter when you have a terrible offensive line and an average (at best) QB. Those RBs have nowhere to run, and the QB has had very little time to throw.

If you've followed any OR threads this season, this has been debated all season.

2 hours ago, LINEDAD said:

This is a game with 2 of the great all-time winning programs in the state. I expect a good game. DB has locked in to the 2 QB system and it has thru the season, developed 2 inexperienced QB's into accurate and effective passers. Indians have really good WR's and a pretty good Defense. We will see if that is good enough against a team loaded with talent. 

Well, we do have 4 kids with Division I offers (Jai Hundley, Isaiah Rodgers, Brandon Heyward, and Kendall Jackson). There’s only one problem, every time they get the ball they are swarmed and engulfed by opposing defenses approximately .5 - 1 seconds after they take the handoff every time, so that kinda takes away most of their chances to showcase their talent. Put a prime Barry Sanders behind our line, and he probably wouldn’t average but 50 yards a game, if that. When I said earlier in the year, it would be a challenge for them to block Granny Clampett, I wasn’t exaggerating. 

We haven’t been able to really effectively run the ball against any team this season, including Lenoir City, one of THE worst teams in East Tennessee. Then add  on a quarterback who also has .5 - 1 second to get rid of the ball, and the results are the same for the Wide Receivers. You’ll see Friday night, unless by some unexpected act of God they just magically get better overnight.

Edited by SweetScience