Dobyns-Bennett at Oak Ridge

TribalEmpire

1 hour ago, Cactus Jack said:

OR and AC are having an off years, they come up every once in a while even to good programs, the combination of injuries, graduation losses, narrow losses on the field can snowball into one of those seasons,  Hopefully they are rare. OR years like that I can remember are: 1972 5-5, 1986 4-6, 1992 5-5, 2008 4-6, 2021 2-7, hopefully 3-7 by Friday. 

Strangely, 2 of those have been the year after a state championship game appearance, which I guess you can allude back to the graduation losses in those instances. The only 2 teams in Tennessee history to just continually reload year after year are Maryville and Alcoa, and Oakland, albeit in a much smaller way so far compared to those 2. Pretty unbelievable what they’ve both accomplished the past 20+ years.

Edited by SweetScience

Had a great trip down.  Got my large pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni at Big Ed's before the game.  Talked with several Oak Ridge fans in Big Ed's as well as in the parking lot and at the ticket booth before the game.  Oak Ridge has some great folks.  

Enjoyed the game from the top row of the visitors seats right on the 50.  

Oak Ridge will definitely NOT be making a long playoff run this season.  Both teams looked not very good at all Friday night.  D-B just happened to score a little more to come out with the win.  Going to need to play much better just to even be in the game Friday night against Johnson City, let alone win it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SWVAHavokFan said:

Had a great trip down.  Got my large pizza with extra cheese and pepperoni at Big Ed's before the game.  Talked with several Oak Ridge fans in Big Ed's as well as in the parking lot and at the ticket booth before the game.  Oak Ridge has some great folks.  

Enjoyed the game from the top row of the visitors seats right on the 50.  

Oak Ridge will definitely NOT be making a long playoff run this season.  Both teams looked not very good at all Friday night.  D-B just happened to score a little more to come out with the win.  Going to need to play much better just to even be in the game Friday night against Johnson City, let alone win it.

Tried to tell ya bud! Haha Sometimes you just have to witness things with your own 2 eyes!! 

• Like 1