Springfield @ Portland

Kevin38

53 minutes ago, wingman10 said:

What do you think?

I don’t think Portland will have 2 RBs over 100 yards the way they did against Station Camp. Maybe 1 but not 2, Springfield’s defense will be keyed up for the run game. If  Portland beats them, they’ll have to mix it up. I really think Springfield comes out hungry after the break down against Beech and takes care of business to bring home a fourth region championship in as many years.

1 hour ago, wingman10 said:

What do you think?

I believe Springfield wins this game, the coaches will NOT allow the team to overlook Portland by any stretch, the team has played the run well all year with the exception of the 2nd half against Beech. I do not believe Portland's Oline is as good as Beech's is. I will give a score prediction later in the week...

Looking at numbers the Panthers avgs 33 pts on offense and give up 31. The Jackets avg 24 pts per game giving up 10. Jackets have weapons on offense and should be avging in the 30s imo but anyways. It will be interesting to see the Jackets defense against the Panther offense.

Both teams have played 2 common opponents against NE and Kenwood. Portland beat NE 21-20 and lost to Kenwood (with QB)  32-27.

Jackets (without 5 starters) beat NE 34-22 and beat Kenwood (without QB) 47-0. 

I expect the coaching staff will have the Jackets prepared for this game. Jackets 35-21