Springfield @ Portland

Kevin38

1 hour ago, BigRed88 said:

Its no disrespect but it mainly depends on which team shows up. Good luck to both sides. 

Oh no none taken, just noticed you talking them up this week, they deserve some praise as they have greatly improved. I don't think they're quite there yet though, but they could very well beat us if we don't show up ready to play...

11 hours ago, BigRed88 said:

I am picking the "upset". I have seen something in Portland that I like. I think if they can put it all together they can win this game. Springfield must play lights out on defense for them to win (and they have at times) 

Springfield - 21

Portland - 24

You could be right.  Our D comes to play. We average giving up 8 points a game so far this year It our.  It's our offense that has been inconsistent. Injuries have hindered our flow IMHO.  No excuses though we will show up and play.  What about the Pats will they struggle with Portland next week? 

Portland has a rough run to end the year.  Station Camp (W), then the Jackets, and finish the year with the Pats.  They win all three they will go into the playoffs on a HUGE high   Time will tell.  Nothing like High School football

10 minutes ago, TheCommissioner said:

You could be right.  Our D comes to play. We average giving up 8 points a game so far this year It our.  It's our offense that has been inconsistent. Injuries have hindered our flow IMHO.  No excuses though we will show up and play.  What about the Pats will they struggle with Portland next week? 

Portland has a rough run to end the year.  Station Camp (W), then the Jackets, and finish the year with the Pats.  They win all three they will go into the playoffs on a HUGE high   Time will tell.  Nothing like High School football

Yes I think HC will struggle with Portland. I even have said Portland will win the game with us. We are much like Springfield in the sense that our defense has played fairly well throughout the season but the offense has been very lack luster.

Hoping the Jacket D can keep on keeping on in this one and the offense gets to clicking. It’s the time of year when the cream starts to rise  to the top heading into November. If the offense doesn’t get a firm foot planted in the ground tonight, it could be a long game and a shorter post season. I still believe the coaching staff will have them hungry and ready to go get  the win and the region title. Hoping both sides stay injury free and always, Go Jackets!

1 hour ago, ilovethegame said:

Dry field... Coming off bye week...

Jackets will score at will and the Portland Offense (WING T) will get behind and get out of character (BEGIN PASSING THE BALL) which will work in the Jackets favor.

Expect a big crowd for this one tonight. Portland senior night.

Springfield 35 - Portland 7

You broadcasting tonight? I won’t be able to make it up to Portland?