EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST 2021

GeneralForrest

On 10/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

Forrest wins this one easily, coaching has been and will be the biggest issue at East ever since the D1 Groves has been there. I will say this with 100% confidence. In about 2-3 years East will be one of, if not, the most talented teams in Robertson county if the private schools don’t pick them apart. Now if  the coaching could get fixed…..

Great coaching last night. We support all of our coaches. We were not expected to win even with Forrest missing a key player. But we pulled it out. We wish Forrest the best! Good football team. 

On 10/18/2021 at 8:32 AM, GBO52 said:

Forrest wins easy... Ive said it from day one and I still say it I don't buy the Groves hype. He has size, and he is quick but we have seen several players this year better then him. He's scared of contact, I don't see how he will make it in Division 1 football... Both the younger Groves are good players and I say are going to be better then the older one.... 

we will just say this- We are ER! We believe in our boys. We would never speak down on another kid trying to better himself. We wish every kid that loves the game of football could play at the next level. We played a good game last night. Taylor (whom you were just discussing) played limited due to being his second week back and his conditioning isn’t where it needs to be. But he had several tackles. Around 50 yards receiving and 40 yards rushing. However, it’s his leadership on the sidelines that makes his teammates better…. Especially all the Groves family teammates. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mr. Postman1 said:

White house had the weakest defense besides portland than westmoreland played all year. Every westmoreland game including tonight has come down to a last posession except for smith co and TC. The score of the smith game was 6-0 in the 4th. TC went for 2 and got them and made the final 16-7. Small little bullcrap penalties and bobbled snaps have killed us. We could very easily be a 1 loss team 

I was speaking more on the offensive side. I still think they are a very good team tho. 

43 minutes ago, WeAreER said:

Great coaching last night. We support all of our coaches. We were not expected to win even with Forrest missing a key player. But we pulled it out. We wish Forrest the best! Good football team. 

Welcome to the T, I see you joined 45 minutes ago. Great kids and lots of talent at East Robertson, great win for them last night. Coaching has been holding them back for a while and I’ll stand by that…..I should say play calling and schemes to be exact.

Edited by Poundtherock23

1 hour ago, WeAreER said:

we will just say this- We are ER! We believe in our boys. We would never speak down on another kid trying to better himself. We wish every kid that loves the game of football could play at the next level. We played a good game last night. Taylor (whom you were just discussing) played limited due to being his second week back and his conditioning isn’t where it needs to be. But he had several tackles. Around 50 yards receiving and 40 yards rushing. However, it’s his leadership on the sidelines that makes his teammates better…. Especially all the Groves family teammates. 

speak down on a kid?

ok

Forrest's staff allowed a locker room attitude of 8-2 to set in. As if the last 2 games were a foregone conclusion. Kudos to ER for having something to say about that with virtually nothing but pride to play for. 

This team, Forrest, thought they were on a moving sidewalk to the state quarters. A complete laugher. Now they are facing a dogfight against Mt Pleasant and a possible 6-4 or even 6-5 season with a first round playoff exit at home.

This team continues to baffle and it's all on Eli and his lack of leadership. This team might not win another game. 

Can you imagine the elites or even 2nd tier teams in 2A letting that 3-5 ER team ride a bus for TWO HOURS to their field and then get pushed around like that? ER had a 100 mile trip and looked MORE fresh than the Rockets.

It's an embarrassment. I hope Eli resigns today.   

14 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Forrest's staff allowed a locker room attitude of 8-2 to set in. As if the last 2 games were a foregone conclusion. Kudos to ER for having something to say about that with virtually nothing but pride to play for. 

This team, Forrest, thought they were on a moving sidewalk to the state quarters. A complete laugher. Now they are facing a dogfight against Mt Pleasant and a possible 6-4 or even 6-5 season with a first round playoff exit at home.

This team continues to baffle and it's all on Eli and his lack of leadership. This team might not win another game. 

Can you imagine the elites or even 2nd tier teams in 2A letting that 3-5 ER team ride a bus for TWO HOURS to their field and then get pushed around like that? ER had a 100 mile trip and looked MORE fresh than the Rockets.

It's an embarrassment. I hope Eli resigns today.   

The ER O line and D line dominated forrests last night, ER also made a lot of big plays. I feel like a rivalry between these two teams have emerged.

23 minutes ago, SportsDad2021 said:

Last night game clearly proved ER coaching staff does not play to win. They play who they have to or else. Definitely could of been a totally different season. Stop holding the kids back just because of who their kids parents are. Play to win this is not JR pro....

you guys won dude. i dont get this post at all