EAST ROBERTSON AT FORREST 2021

GeneralForrest

16 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

It was his first start. Is Forrests region that pittiful or is ER region that impressive?

The answer to your question is yes. ER is solid and they've played a tough schedule. Region 5 is comprised of some of the historically worst small school football teams in middle TN. I don't know how Pickett County and Red Boiling Springs didn't get included.  Region 6 is only slightly better. ER would be Region 5 champs and at worst a 2 seed in Region 6. 

21 hours ago, GeneralForrest said:

why is our offensive coaching so incompetent. id love for @LeroyBrownto step in

At this point I would feel better if it was intentional more than incompetence. Maybe Leroy chimes in this Monday during planning period after he talks to his friends.

On 10/16/2021 at 5:48 PM, Poundtherock23 said:

Forrest wins this one easily, coaching has been and will be the biggest issue at East ever since the D1 Groves has been there. I will say this with 100% confidence. In about 2-3 years East will be one of, if not, the most talented teams in Robertson county if the private schools don’t pick them apart. Now if  the coaching could get fixed…..

Clearly, you do not follow Forrest football or you would have known you had no worries about being outcoached.  I would swap coaches right now and pay for the Uhaul. East Robertson out schemed, out aligned, and out motivated us all night. Other than one questionable 4th down call they did an excellent job. Our defense didn't know if it was run or pass. Outside or inside. Power play or counter. Their coaches were yelling out our plays from the sidelines and were right 4 out of 5 times from start to finish. Our worst defensive game of the season but the same offensive performance we have come to expect. 

2 hours ago, Mottomotto said:

The ER O line and D line dominated forrests last night, ER also made a lot of big plays. I feel like a rivalry between these two teams have emerged.

Forrest ran into a 6 man line and a 9 or 10 man box all night. Other than the first play of the game they did nothing to make ER change. At times all 11 ER defenders were within 6 yards of the line of scrimmage. You would think after 4 seasons of seeing this we would have an adjustment ready. Just a hint,  this is the same defense Riverside ran in 2019 so you might see it again. 

45 minutes ago, Salem said:

The answer to your question is yes. ER is solid and they've played a tough schedule. Region 5 is comprised of some of the historically worst small school football teams in middle TN. I don't know how Pickett County and Red Boiling Springs didn't get included.  Region 6 is only slightly better. ER would be Region 5 champs and at worst a 2 seed in Region 6. 

At this point I would feel better if it was intentional more than incompetence. Maybe Leroy chimes in this Monday during planning period after he talks to his friends.

Clearly, you do not follow Forrest football or you would have known you had no worries about being outcoached.  I would swap coaches right now and pay for the Uhaul. East Robertson out schemed, out aligned, and out motivated us all night. Other than one questionable 4th down call they did an excellent job. Our defense didn't know if it was run or pass. Outside or inside. Power play or counter. Their coaches were yelling out our plays from the sidelines and were right 4 out of 5 times from start to finish. Our worst defensive game of the season but the same offensive performance we have come to expect. 

You’re right I don’t follow Forrest football and have not a clue about the going on’s in Chapel Hill. I do keep up with Robertson county teams, mainly Springfield, my comments were about what I know and have seen at ER over the past few years. There is talent there and always has been, to me, the coaching and schemes are what have been lacking there. Great job to them for getting a win last night. 

Forrest: As mentioned earlier the entire atmosphere from crowd to players was like a Tuesday afternoon spring scrimmage. Uninspired, flat, unmotivated pick your adjective. 

First drive of the game was crucial IMO, if we would have come out and jumped up 14-0 Big Groves would have sat out and we would have cruised instead we came out with the most puzzling offensive game plan since Cascade 2020. Our leading rusher was out. In his place we started a 150 scat back at fullback and try to run traps and dives with him. Result was less than 1 yard per play in the 1st quarter and 3 punts. ER had a 5'6" CB/ S locked up in man coverage on our 6 ft receivers and we ran the ball into a 10 man box all night.  

We had the ball at the start of the 4th quarter up 17-14 with good field position and went 3 and out. We got the ball back down 21-17 and went 4 and out.

In the first quarter where a good offensive coordinator has all week to scheme we ran 12 plays for 16 yards. In the 4th quarter with the game on the line and a good offensive coordinator has made adjustments we ran 7 plays for 1 yard. It is quite obvious what the problem is at Forrest. Offense is pathetic.  

On 10/23/2021 at 9:16 AM, WeAreER said:

we will just say this- We are ER! We believe in our boys. We would never speak down on another kid trying to better himself. We wish every kid that loves the game of football could play at the next level. We played a good game last night. Taylor (whom you were just discussing) played limited due to being his second week back and his conditioning isn’t where it needs to be. But he had several tackles. Around 50 yards receiving and 40 yards rushing. However, it’s his leadership on the sidelines that makes his teammates better…. Especially all the Groves family teammates. 

Yea you misunderstood what I was saying if you think I was "Talking down on a kid"... All I said was he hasn't lived up to the hype of an SEC caliber player. You are right you are ER and that was also my point.... doesn't matter who you have, year after year East struggles to have a good team. Better this year then you have been in a while but still not a threat to anyone. 

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

Think Eli would take an assistant job somewhere? Maybe like Westmoreland? 

Why would they want him. They already have a physical team. Eli cannot relate to human beings. He can barely converse with them.  It might be medical in origin. Doesn't matter. His on field product is enough to disqualify him. 

1 hour ago, GBO52 said:

Yea you misunderstood what I was saying if you think I was "Talking down on a kid"... All I said was he hasn't lived up to the hype of an SEC caliber player. You are right you are ER and that was also my point.... doesn't matter who you have, year after year East struggles to have a good team. Better this year then you have been in a while but still not a threat to anyone. 

Any time a poster's response to criticism is "you're running down a kid" I know not to take them seriously. This is a message board. If you want to only praise teams no matter what, start your own fan page. 

57 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Why would they want him. They already have a physical team. Eli cannot relate to human beings. He can barely converse with them.  It might be medical in origin. Doesn't matter. His on field product is enough to disqualify him. 

He's a Westy native! We could use a little help with our line, I think he would be a solid pick up to help our line out! 

57 minutes ago, GeneralForrest said:

Any time a poster's response to criticism is "you're running down a kid" I know not to take them seriously. This is a message board. If you want to only praise teams no matter what, start your own fan page. 

Yea, on top of that I ain't seen him post all season!