Lewis Co at Summertown

ddaddy

Next store Neighbors meet up at Summertown for the 5th time. There is a lot of connection between the two schools and communities, in fact part of Summertown is in Lewis Co. Three of their coaches coached with Coach Sharp and 2 of them played for the Panthers. Head Coach Dakota Crews is Lewis County’s only Mr. Football winner. The familiarity of their coaches with Lewis County’s schemes could give ST the edge. Both teams are playoff bound and look to gain momentum to improve their position the last week of the season. Summertown has an overall record of 5-2 and are 3-1 in their region while LC is 7-1 and 4-0. ST is looking for a repeat of 2019 when they surprised LC with an upset win at LC 21-

Perennial Football factory versus a girls basketball school.

Hohenwald just has to win this one! If they roll into Riverside with a loss to Summertown, they can just say goodbye to the region championship because the confidence level will be too low. If that happens, they wont face Richland in the first round and chances are they will get beat.

Let’s go Hohenwald!

On 10/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Hohenwald just has to win this one! If they roll into Riverside with a loss to Summertown, they can just say goodbye to the region championship because the confidence level will be too low. If that happens, they wont face Richland in the first round and chances are they will get beat.

Let’s go Hohenwald!

Were you the one saying Lewis should be ranked........

Edited by TheTruthPrevails

play calling for this game was absolutely horrible. summertown brought their game and so did lewis and lewis could move the ball down and stall out just like what happened last season against riverside in the second round. summertown played hard football and it was a very defensive game. lewis with the right play caller is a very good team, but if they don’t sort things out i could see a short season for these boys. 

No no no no no! No! No! Just simply NO!!!!

Lewis County did not lose this game!!!

Somebody tell me they did not lose this game!! It just can’t be! 

This just messes up the big showdown next week for the Region Championship! If they lost last night, there is absolutely no friggin way they will even be competitive next week... This loss will be devastating. Whatever confidence they had from only losing one game thus far will be gone!

Absolutely no way they lost last night! Just can’t be!

• Like 1

On 10/18/2021 at 9:45 PM, Pizzpatriot2 said:

Let’s go Hohenwald!

This just still baffles me. How could they let a girls basketball school beat them? Has Summertown even had a football team for a decade? This just messes everything up! They prolly wont even show up next week, lose, then have to face Summertown again in the first round. Can Summertown beat a good team twice? 

Had they won last night, they could have carried that momentum to Riverside and maybe, just maybe squeeked out a W! Now, now they for sure wont get to play Richland (who is getting blown out by East Hickman) in the first. Instead they will have to play Summertown once again. 

It will be highly unlikely they win that game either and then the record drops from 7-1 to 7-4! 

Sad!

It just occurred to me that with this win, Summertown may be transitioning from a girls basketball school into a decent football program. 

Does anyone want to bet Hohenwald does not renew the series after the home and home next year, especially if the play them in the first round of the playoffs this year and get beat? 

I bet they try to replace them with Zion or somebody like that.