Anderson county Journey To Bearden

59 minutes ago, Cactus Jack said:

Bearden has a pretty good defense, holding Cleveland to a low score. The thing is with Bearden, don't let them get an early lead, they can defend it. AC has to come out firing.

I agree Bearden will defend a lead...Our defense will need to step it up and believe they will. We have to play better than the Rhea Co and SH games. With this break I would not be surprised that AC comes out with new look offence however again this game is a no lose game in terms of region and I would not expect AC to try and show anything big before the Playoffs....lol or at least i would not...main issue is keep everyone health and have a learning but fun game.

With it being a game that means virtually nothing, I just wonder if either team will play guys who are banged up with the playoffs looming so close.  

Same with the Catholic/Powell game.  Great match-up on paper, but Catholic is trying to secure a playoff spot in week 11, while Powell has legit aspirations of a deep playoff run.  Is it worth playing kids not 100% healthy in a non region game at this point in the season?  

• Upvote 2

38 minutes ago, HTV said:

With it being a game that means virtually nothing, I just wonder if either team will play guys who are banged up with the playoffs looming so close.  

Same with the Catholic/Powell game.  Great match-up on paper, but Catholic is trying to secure a playoff spot in week 11, while Powell has legit aspirations of a deep playoff run.  Is it worth playing kids not 100% healthy in a non region game at this point in the season?  

I have no idea what to expect in that Powell/Catholic game. Given that Powell has LC next week and likely Ooltewah the week after, I think he's going to come out swinging, but I wouldn't be shocked to see them rest some key guys.

4 hours ago, HTV said:

It would be smart to keep players healthy. The only reservation is the school, the parents and of course the kids want to play ever play.  I would hope with any injuries small or large that this would be a consideration by not playing. I can't see AC holding back. I would think if they had a huge lead and it was in the 4th most definitely. But it's also a good time for AC to work on a Playoff scheme based on the QB situation. Considering the Gibbs game I am pretty sure this could be a barn burner. SD pulled away late and they had all of there weapons. I am crossing my fingers AC will have had time to perfect the offence and defense to the best they can.

1 hour ago, Haydiboy said:

I think Bearden pulls the upset just like last week  I know Anderson county was looking really tough  earlier in the season I just dont know if they can adjust their offense quick enough to deal with Bearden defense my prediction on final score is something like  21-14 with Bearden snagging the W

I think Bearden has a good shot. I think if we can open up a play action like and with Noe running like he does then the Mavs take this one.

AC offense is too one-dimensional with the loss of Martinez and the defense doesn't seem to be super sound based off of ppg allowed throughout the season. Bearden touts a strong defense that should keep AC run heavy offense in check and score just enough to win.

• Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, FilmCzar said:

AC offense is too one-dimensional with the loss of Martinez and the defense doesn't seem to be super sound based off of ppg allowed throughout the season. Bearden touts a strong defense that should keep AC run heavy offense in check and score just enough to win.

Very good assessment. But I won't to believe Rhea Co. And SH were much better than Bearden so I think that still might make this one a barn burner but I am still going Mavs...I don't think as of today that Bearden will get over 14 pts and Mavs could support as much as 28. But this is a hard one to predict. If defense shows up like I know they can it will be hard for Bearden to score. But defense as you noted is inconsistent or allows alot if points.